Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:55:53 AM

Author Topic: CV Tuning Wizard  (Read 998 times)

CV Tuning Wizard
« on: August 17, 2020, 12:39:02 PM »
Hi.
I am running ESS with the newest recommended version of plugin and newest MACH 4 recommended for ESS, but having a problem with MC CV Tuning Wizard. Basically it does not retain the settings after clicking apply and it does not have any influence on my machine regardless of being on or off. With older MACH 4 and older ESS plugin the issue was the same.

The reason why I am trying out CV tuning is because I have a problem with irregular "teeth" like shapes appearing on the edges of my cuts whenever cutting at angles or cutting circles. Reducing feed rate and acceleration rates improved the results a bit but "teeth" are still there always the same places (like at 4 points on the circle 10 o'clock 2 o'clock 4 o'clock 8 o'clock) The machine slightly vibrates there and creates ridged edge then goes smoothly until reaches close to the next point, there vibrates and moves and so on...

Is CV wizard the way to fix it? How to fix the cv wizard?

Thanks

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: CV Tuning Wizard
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 08:39:10 AM »
You can add a G61 to the start of the finishing path to turn off CV, it could also be you need to slow the feed for the corners.

Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 10:15:41 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions, these I tried already though and didn't seem to make any noticeable difference. Going very slowly improves the "teeth problem".

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 02:52:10 PM »
A picture of the problem and a sample of the code may help
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 06:49:48 PM »
Adamus i also cant use the new cv (the old one is bater ,but there was abaug that cant change the speed slider) but when i try use only the old one its not always let me do it, and as you said its give me stranges shapes always
if you use  G2 G3 its much bater ,if you use curve with G1 its almost cant use
i sent here many messege ,but never get soution ,only that i told you avoid use G1 in curve shape