Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:29:54 PM

Author Topic: PWM and Mach4 Hobby setup  (Read 2679 times)

Re: PWM and Mach4 Hobby setup
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2020, 09:22:50 AM »
Your image looks great Tweakie, So here's what I will do, I read the article on setting up the laser settings in the ESS. Looks fairly straight forward so I will do that today. I'l l then add your PP. I shall purchase Aspires add on for creating laser work, images cutouts etc and try it.

It is my feeling that Aspire have written pp's for direct download to half a dozen different machines, bespoke machines are not supported, this I understand. I cannot see why it wont work going through a Mach4 PP such as yours.

It looks to be very good piece of software so I'll try it. For the sake of 40 quid, well.....

Regards

George
One step at a time!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2020, 09:39:10 AM »
I shall purchase Aspires add on for creating laser work, images cutouts etc and try it.

Hi George,

At this moment in time that is not such a good idea.  When Vectric say that their add-on supports the ESS and Mach4, then that would be the time to buy and not before.  My pp will not magically make it work with Mach4.

Currently Warp9 have their own laser raster set-up for Mach4 which still needs some work but it is getting there slowly. My suggestion is that you try that before doing anything else. Setting it up is a bit tricky but it is not rocket science and Andy at Warp9 is always there to help if required.

Tweakie.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2020, 11:00:16 AM »
OK!

That's good advice.

Thanks

George
One step at a time!
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2020, 02:26:55 PM »
All set up now and the Machine seems to be responding. Any chance of a sample piece of code/file.

Thanks

George
One step at a time!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2020, 01:19:42 AM »
Any chance of a sample piece of code/file.

If it's any help, StarTrek.tap in the .zip file here;  https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=18345.msg126486#msg126486 is a Mach4 laser vector drawing.

Tweakie.
PEACE