Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:41:51 AM

Author Topic: Mapping PMDX-424 inputs to Homing Proximity sensors  (Read 1110 times)

Mapping PMDX-424 inputs to Homing Proximity sensors
« on: August 03, 2020, 11:02:39 PM »
Greetings,

I have a PMDX-424 controller and inputs 1-6 are Proximity sensors that are logic low when triggered. How do I map these inputs to the homing sequence? I do not see anywhere I can register the inputs with a particular axis for homing.  I watched a video on homing but it did not explain this point. Can someone help me figure this out?

Thank you
Re: Mapping PMDX-424 inputs to Homing Proximity sensors
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 10:53:57 AM »
The homing signals are mapper to motor number, not axis.

You will find them under Input Signals as "Motor 0 Home" etc.

The list of input signals is long, so you will need to scroll down to find them.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 12:16:55 AM »
Thanks Steve,

I found them.. By scrolling all the way down. It's my fault. I appreciate your time. I got my X axis to home but my Y axis is being a bit more difficult. I believe it might be because I have two motors, 1 a slave of the other. The machine will home the x axis and then claim to be homed.
Here is what I have so far  and and finally

Could the fact that I have the motor 1 reversed and the motor 2 not-reversed be meddling with the homing? They are unchecked for home in place

Thank you very much!

Bill
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 07:01:17 AM »
On your Axis Mapping tab page you have a green check mark under Enable column for Axis A. Turn this off because you do not have an A axis.

The PMDX SmartBOB family does not currently support "Gantry Squaring" which uses separate inputs for each motor when running two motors on the same axis. I think the correct thing to do in this situation is to pick one input and use it for both motors on your Y axis. I do not currently have a setup that I can use to test this, sorry. Please let us know what you find out.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 10:10:48 AM »
Would it be possible to write a LUA script to handle homing the Y Axis to square the Gantry?

Thanks
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 10:19:39 AM »
It is likely possible to accomplish this in LUA, and I think there may already be some work towards this goal that has been posted here. The limiting factor would be travel speed which must be slow for the final process as the response time of LUA working as a PMC (PLC) process is slower than response inside of a motion controller.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 10:27:54 AM »
Thanks,

I have looked around but do you know of a good source for Example LUA scripts in Mach4? or a reference for functions available?

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2020, 06:26:25 AM »
Hi,
ther are plenty of Lua examples in the LuaExamples folder in Mach4Hobby.

I often have this link open when I code:

https://www.lua.org/manual/5.3/

You should make yourself familiar with:

"C:\Mach4Hobby\Docs\Mach4CoreAPI.chm"

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'