Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:24:38 AM

Author Topic: Teknic Clearcore  (Read 3547 times)

Teknic Clearcore
« on: July 25, 2020, 04:49:46 PM »
Hey Guys,
   I'm new to the group and was wondering if anybody knows of a plugin to use the new Teknic Clearcore motion controller with Mach4. I have a Bridgeport Boss 5 mill that I've converted to Teknic Clearpath servos, a smoothstepper ESS and Mach4. I'm sure someone will do it eventually, but I guess it's early since the Clearcore just got released in June.   Thnaks, Mike
Re: Teknic Clearcore
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 08:40:48 AM »
Hi mcboudreaux,

I'm an Applications Engineer at Teknic. I saw your post and I want to clarify a few points (and also to make an offer to this community).

You're absolutely correct that ClearCore is not a native CNC controller or breakout board, and is not currently compatible with Mach or any other CNC controllers as the main motion controller. The step/direction signals ClearCore natively produces are targeted for machines that primarily do “point-to-point” motion (where the path through space is not important). However, from a hardware perspective, it seems very possible that a ClearCore CNC software "engine" could be created to interpret G-code, create complex multi-axis contoured paths, and manage other I/O functionality necessary for a modern CNC machine.

Here is an overview of ClearCore's capabilities:
https://www.teknic.com/products/io-motion-controller/

This being said, we've gotten numerous requests over the past couple months for CNC compatibility with ClearCore. In regard to Teknic’s offer to this community, if an experienced programmer would like to create this CNC engine to be used with ClearCore, Teknic will gladly provide support and equipment throughout the development process.

If anyone is interested, and feel they have the experience and background to develop this type of CNC functionality, please contact us at sales@teknic.com

Best regards,
Matt C. - Teknic Servo Systems Engineer
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 06:24:52 PM »
Hello,

+1 for a Clearcore plugin!

I’m not good at programming, but would be very willing to buy a Clearcore for my Clearpath powered CNC mill and assist with testing if needed...

Regards,

Jason
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2024, 05:52:09 PM »
Hi mcboudreaux,

I'm an Applications Engineer at Teknic. I saw your post and I want to clarify a few points (and also to make an offer to this community).

You're absolutely correct that ClearCore is not a native CNC controller or breakout board, and is not currently compatible with Mach or any other CNC controllers as the main motion controller. The step/direction signals ClearCore natively produces are targeted for machines that primarily do “point-to-point” motion (where the path through space is not important). However, from a hardware perspective, it seems very possible that a ClearCore CNC software "engine" could be created to interpret G-code, create complex multi-axis contoured paths, and manage other I/O functionality necessary for a modern CNC machine.

Here is an overview of ClearCore's capabilities:
https://www.teknic.com/products/io-motion-controller/

This being said, we've gotten numerous requests over the past couple months for CNC compatibility with ClearCore. In regard to Teknic’s offer to this community, if an experienced programmer would like to create this CNC engine to be used with ClearCore, Teknic will gladly provide support and equipment throughout the development process.

If anyone is interested, and feel they have the experience and background to develop this type of CNC functionality, please contact us at sales@teknic.com

Best regards,
Matt C. - Teknic Servo Systems Engineer

Any chance support for Mach4 was added in the last 4 years?
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 08:44:11 AM »
Hi Mcboudreaux,
So far no daring developer (at least none that we know of) has taken up the challenge to code up a CNC project for ClearCore. Maybe 2024 will be the year?

Regards,
Jim W.
Teknic Servo Systems Engineer