Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:08:40 AM

Author Topic: Switching license from Mach4 to Mach3  (Read 1961 times)

Re: Switching license from Mach4 to Mach3
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2020, 05:13:44 PM »
@joeaverage - yes, I completely agree, but I have been unable to get this controller working properly with Mach4 - so my choices are to either spend the money on a Mach3 license (relatively painless) - or chuck this garbage controller & go through the pain of re-wiring & installing a better one.  Don't really have the time - got lots of stuff I need to get on with!  Also, there is a LOT more support for Mach3 available than for Mach4.

@KatzYaakov - I originally bought this controller because they were one of the few that claimed to support Mach4, but installing the CSMIO controller was a nightmare!  I pretty much had to re-wire the entire machine & add pull-up resistors etc just to get the motion side going; then I had some major issues getting it to work with the inverter just to get control of the spindle (had to pretty much re-program the inverter).  It took me months - while receiving little to no support from the vendor.  Their support tech (Wojtek somethingorother) is a complete waste of time (and arrogant!)  I will never buy another of their products!  In my experience - while this controller may work with Mach3 - it is useless for Mach4.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 05:17:33 PM by Ottomatic »
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2020, 07:05:58 PM »
I used Mach3 and then 4 on my other machine that is sold and it was Warp9 ESS it was wonderful I purchased PMDX board and its on USB and Mach4, on my new machine, no issues. Dump the Chinese crap and just get something that works.   PS if you had a Mach3-4 account before they might have a record of your old Mach3 license... if you really want to go back.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 07:08:42 PM by wmgeorge »
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2020, 07:16:30 PM »
Hi,

Also, there is a LOT more support for Mach3 available than for Mach4.

Pure fiction. All development ceased on Mach3 six years ago.....so no manufacturer support. Mach4 is the current product
and NFS support it through a ticket system when you can't find what you need from the Mach4 community, which is a t least
as active as the Mach3 community.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2020, 07:41:03 PM »
Don't get me wrong - I like Mach4; but trolling through the forums I have just not been able to solve the issues I have.  Maybe I'm doing it wrong .... 
I have, however, been able to solve all the Mach3 issues using the same approach.
I did approach NFS yesterday, but I have yet to get a reply...
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2020, 07:48:55 PM »
Simple, dump that controller and get one that works with Mach4. The PMDX controller I purchased even comes with the pre-made setups.  Plus they have documentation you can read,   Hell I'm 77 years old and I figured it out! Disclaimer: Yes I have worked with hobby level CNC for a few years and I am a controls electrician.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 07:51:07 PM by wmgeorge »
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2020, 09:34:07 PM »
Hi,

I did approach NFS yesterday, but I have yet to get a reply...

The ticket system with NFS does work, but you are right it can be slow. If you are an industrial user (having paid the
significant premium of Mach4Industrial) you get first class service, as Hobby users we get whats left over, but it does work.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2020, 10:44:25 PM »
what ever you choose ,stay with mach3 or 4 (i think stay with 3 its big mistake ,but its an option)
stay with chines card its not an option,i have been in china more then 30 times last 2 years ,i sell there software and know quit well there
cnc market ,the chines card well know there as disaster and unstable,and after very few uses start make many problems
good luck