Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:03:37 PM

Author Topic: Screen Editor ?  (Read 1099 times)

Offline JG

•  61 61
    • View Profile
Screen Editor ?
« on: July 13, 2020, 07:35:12 AM »
May be a silly question  - but I'll ask anyway :)
I see a response from 'Tweakie.CNC' to another post which mentions :
(Use the Screen Editor to add a VB button ....).
I've looked at all the options in the menus but can't see a listing for a Screen Editor  -  I have found a means by which I can modify the fonts used. If such exists, is it possible to modify (enlarge) the Table Display window ?   My screen is large and I also have a second monitor which I could expand on to as well.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Screen Editor ?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 07:42:06 AM »
You can download a Screen Editor / Designer from here;  https://www.machsupport.com/downloads-updates/screensets/

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline JG

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 08:01:54 AM »
You can download a Screen Editor / Designer from here;  https://www.machsupport.com/downloads-updates/screensets/

Tweakie.

Now that's what I call a FAST response !!   Thanks Tweeakie!

I've downloaded the "Klaus' MachScreen"  so I'll see what sort of a mess I can make of my 'test' installation on a Win 7 PC that's not connected to my CNC Router before doing anything to the working system :)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 08:07:51 AM »
Its not hard to make a mess of a Screen.set, I think we have all done it at some time or another but just take it steady, one step at a time, and you will get there.

Then you will need to be learning the Cypress Enable subset of Visual Basic for the button codes (or perhaps initially copy from my website  :))

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline JG

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 08:37:20 AM »
I'm now thinking that the learning curve of  CNC in general plus G-Code and Mach3 has just taken a steep up-turn !    It might even have introduced a new 'ladder'  :)
I write in Pascal but not VB - not that that should be a problem but there are only so many hours in a day and I will need to get my prioreties in order.  I will be looking at the screen editor properly (I've spent at least 10 minutes on it already ::) ) but I might just accept the current layout for now.
Thanks again for your input Tweakie - very heartening.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 09:59:57 AM »
As you have discovered, there is some learning to be done with CNC but it's a great ride.  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline JG

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2020, 10:15:27 AM »
I'll agree with that ...  I'm just reading through your web site ... when I bought my Roland MDX-20 some 10 years ago one of the first things I made was a Z height sensor. Never was very successful since the Roland is crude in its Z control compared to the Denford with a Wireless Mach3 Pendant controller I now have.
I am about to dig it out again though and have another go at it on the [new] machine.