Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:53:57 AM

Author Topic: Mk6-M4 I/o problems, Ethernet problems , very unstable  (Read 980 times)

Mk6-M4 I/o problems, Ethernet problems , very unstable
« on: July 08, 2020, 10:21:54 PM »
Hello,

I have run into a very serious problem with my MK6-M4 board. The Ethernet is very hard to connect and requires several cold boots for the connection to be made. I even setup a 5 second timer to power-up the board after everything settles down after main power is applied to the control panel and the issue still persists. Once the board comes up as connected, most I/O pins are erroneous and will remain this way until any I/O is triggered. At that point, all I/O' reset and all seems fine. The other issue that I'm facing is that some of my I/O's create a E-Stop or Halt state while others see the signal, displays the I/O's on the Plugin config screen and on the controller but doesn't halt the system. These issues seem to wander and are absolutely driving me crazy!

HELP....Pleased... HELP.

Thank you!
Tom

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mk6-M4 I/o problems, Ethernet problems , very unstable
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 01:07:55 AM »
Hi Tom,

Unfortunately you are just one of many who have purchased a cheap Chinese controller which has little or no support from it's manufacturers.

Ideally you should look towards replacing your controller with one made in the USA or Europe which does have customer support. There are many to choose from which will operate with either Mach3 or Mach4 and are to a large extent future proof.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 09:30:31 AM »
Hi Tweakie,

Thanks for the insight. I bought this board thinking this was " THE " board especially since it's on the Mach site. Any suggestions of brand?

Thank you

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 10:07:01 AM »
Hi Tom,

Sorry to be so negative about the XHC product but the forum now contains numerous posting from users who are having problems of one sort or another which the manufacturer's refuse to address.

I can't recommend any one particular motion controller but the Warp9 ESS is economically priced, works well and has excellent backup and customer support. You could perhaps check out their website and forum for further details. https://www.warp9td.com/

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 10:13:34 AM »
Hi Tweakie,

I'll go look at that right now. Thank you very much. I also came across HiCON Integra 7866, any opinion?

Take care!
Tom
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2020, 06:41:15 PM »
Hi,

I also came across HiCON Integra 7866, any opinion?

The Hicon is very good but starts at $600, and if you want activations for THC and/or servos up to $1200.
The Hicon does not require a breakout board whereas the Ethernet SmoothStepper (ESS) does. Thus the $180 price tag
of the ESS is a little misleading, you in fact need to add the cost of a breakout board or boards as you require. Some
like the C10 and C25 are very economical at $23 and $30 respectively but lack the sophistication of the MB3 for $180.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 02:53:45 AM »
Hi Tom,

I have a number of different motion controllers but not a HiCON Integra - It is, however, highly regarded amongst those who use it.

Tweakie.
PEACE