Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:14:40 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4- Pokeys questions  (Read 2066 times)

Mach 4- Pokeys questions
« on: June 14, 2020, 06:26:57 AM »
Hello,

I am new to mach 4 and Pokeys and I have a few questions.

1) I managed to setup my motors and limit switches (+ and - switch for each axis with the - switch used as home switch as well)
During homing, it wil home one axis and then stop moving as it says - limit tripped. It does not move away. How do I get my machine to reverse a bit and not stopping everything because a limit switch is activated.

2) I use a popendant, which works fine only the direction is reversed, how can I correct this.

3) I am using a VFD to control my spindle and I am using both relays to control direction Spinde Fwd Relay 1 and Spindle Rev Relay 2. I also connected pin 17 (0-10V) to correct input on the VFP but cannot control the speed. My VFD is correctly programmed. Spindle speed is set to max 24000 and in the spindle tap of the pokeys plugin pin 17 is programmed as I read in this forum. What am I missing?

thanks a lot,

Joris

Offline HC

•  13 13
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 4- Pokeys questions
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 12:00:36 PM »
1)  put x @ motor1 on the pokey
           y@ motot2  z@motor3

maping:  x(o) motor0
              y(1) motot1
              z(2) motor2

your home order  x3  y2  z1

Offline HC

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 01:01:12 PM »
2)  in mach >tab MPG > check/uncheck reversed

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 02:28:50 AM »
For 3)
If you measure the voltage over GND and Pin17 on the pokeys when starting the spindle, do you read 10 volts@24000RPM?
You have not specified what VFD you are using but if its a Chinese one(Huanyang) there is a jumper that needs to be switched on the VFD.
This jumper specifies if you want to read the analog voltage from the potentiometer on VFD or read from the VI-input on VFD.
I'll try to remember to get a picture of my settings inside MACH4 this afternoon since I got it working.
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 05:53:56 AM »
Thanks for the answers. 1 and 2 are solved.
Getting the spindle to change speed however did not work yet.
It is a chinese one that is programmed to the analog voltage.
I would really like to see how you got yours to work.