Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:51:49 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 G54 to G55 issue  (Read 1353 times)

Mach3 G54 to G55 issue
« on: June 12, 2020, 02:46:27 PM »
I tested a G code file today that had the first operation on G54 and a second operation on G55 presuming it should run fine. Unfortunately not, once the spindle reached the second operation it couldn't seem to pick up the path and swayed right of course. Now if I run the G55 operation on its own it runs fine as does the previous operation on it's own.

I do have cutter compensation on the second operation, and ran out of time to try it with that off as I'm not convinced that is the issue given it works fine as a stand alone operation.

Can anyone see anything in the G code that could cause this or is it something within Mach3 that is either not set correctly or even a bug?

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 G54 to G55 issue
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 08:52:24 PM »
The only thing I can see is you have no M06 on tool 7 in the first profile.

Mach3 will not display the fixture offsets in the correct place due to a limitation in the way it works, the tool will be in the correct place just the graphics are messed up.

Without engineers the world stops
Re: Mach3 G54 to G55 issue
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 02:33:11 AM »
M6 is off the first operation on purpose so my semi auto tool change doesn't probe the first tool twice. I tried it with that on but it made no difference.
I'm not sure what you mean about the graphics messed up on my screen the two cuts are showing in the correct place relative to the two offsets I've put in for g54 and g55.
I'm going to test it today without cutter comp on the second operation. I've seen issues like this on other machines when the controller cant figure out where to start because of compensation.