Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:07:48 AM

Author Topic: is it possible to edit and modify the menu in mach3 ???  (Read 5134 times)

is it possible to edit and modify the menu in mach3 ???
« on: September 26, 2007, 04:46:24 PM »
hello everybody.
is it possible to edit add remove  and modify the menu in mach3 ???

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: is it possible to edit and modify the menu in mach3 ???
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 06:15:22 PM »
Yes, depends on what you want to do. Can you post a screen shot of what you want to change?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Hodges

•  18 18
  • Freeing trees from silence
    • View Profile
    • Hodges Handcrafted Guitars
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 07:37:47 PM »
this isnt my thread, but an "all safe home" button would be nice to have, where the "Z" raises first and then the X and Y return to home. This is especially handy in the event of a broken tool (been there, done that :D ).  Of course it would need to stop running the G code first...

Another neat feature would be a "run to line # _x_" button. This would allow you to run a program to a certain spot, then pause long enough to make sure the measurments are correct or the work is perfectly centered, ect. before continuing to run the G code.

I understnad that real estate on the program face is limited, but having an easy way to jog all 3 axis' would be nice to have also. Having this option would eliminate the need for the previous suggestion by allowing you to manually type coordinates and then have the machine go there to check for proper position of the fixture for the code you are running.
Hodges Handcrafted Guitars
http://www.hodgesguitars.com

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 10:30:26 PM »
Hey Hodges,
    You allready have all of those. The go to zero button will take care of the first. Check to make sure it moves like you want it too. If not, might have to edit the button and put some special VB in it.  :)

To stop after any line of code, place an M1 below it and enable optional stop.  :)

You can jog all three axis with the keyboard, at the same time. You could also use a game $15.00 game pad from Walmart.  :)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 11:14:56 PM »
Another neat feature would be a "run to line # _x_" button. This would allow you to run a program to a certain spot, then pause long enough to make sure the measurments are correct or the work is perfectly centered, ect. before continuing to run the G code.

At any point during a program run you can pause the machine and move all the axis...when your done doing what you need to just click on Cycle start again and Mach will automatically move all of your axis back to were you had paused at and continue on from that point without a hitch (just make sure you don’t zero the axis or refer home).

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 11:29:57 PM »
Another thought...if you break a bit in the middle of a run,
-Pause the machine,
-Move the axis's to a position that is easy to remove the bit.
-Replace the bit
-Rezero your Z axis only to the height of your material,
-Scroll back in the Gcode a few lines before the bit broke
-Hit "Set Next Line"
- Hit "Run From Here" when ready to continue

Best would be to practice once on a scrap piece to get the idea on how it works.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 11:35:45 PM by zealous »

Offline Hodges

•  18 18
  • Freeing trees from silence
    • View Profile
    • Hodges Handcrafted Guitars
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 11:04:38 PM »
ok, I'm going to ask the stupid question, which could most likely be answered by RTM, but how do you adjust the x,y.z positions from the main screen? I know you can click on the offset button and then click on the line above the reset button and type in what you want, but to do this from the main screen evades me.. how is it done?
Hodges Handcrafted Guitars
http://www.hodgesguitars.com

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 02:54:54 AM »
Hey Hodges,
Press TAB on the keyboard, you can use "Step Mode" which will move the machine in incremental values that you input or "Continues" either that or use the arrow key's on the keyboard, make sure Jog is on.
Thats got to be difficult using MDI to move the machine around  :o