Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 12:19:32 AM

Author Topic: Plaque of Neptune for above my stairwell. :)  (Read 21482 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Plaque of Neptune for above my stairwell. :)
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 07:10:06 PM »
 ;D

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 06:58:57 AM »
Hi Sam,

Thanks for an absolutely brilliant story to get me out of trouble. It is very convolute so I have had to write some of it down so I can remember it all. Now I have to choose my moment, perhaps after a glass of wine, or two. I must admit that the plaque is so damn impressive it should do the trick on it's own but as well to have a backup story as well.

Thanks again, I will let you know the outcome in due course.

Best regards, Cooperman.
PEACE

Offline Bloy

•  158 158
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 09:57:27 AM »
Sam.... You're funny!!!   :D

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 04:10:31 AM »
Hi again Sam,

Well I finally did it, took your advise, got up the courage and told her about the cheese board.

I showed her the plaque (she was really impressed), made all the excuses and even read out the declaration and some of the story which had escaped my memory.

The result, she forgave me, we had hugs and kisses and all was forgotten - then she took my credit card, went out and bought a new cheeseboard. (The new one is slightly larger than the old one - I wonder if Art has a larger plaque which he is willing to post the G-Code for).

Best regards, Tweak.
PEACE

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 12:29:03 AM »
Well, I cleaned the spider webs off my machine today, and started a project. The wife came home with a fountain, and it was just to bare to look at on top. Instantly, I thought about Neptune. I didn't have anything close to a 4.5 mm ball, so I used a .0781 (5\32) ball. The step-over was a bit much for such a small tool, but I couldn't find a piece of wood wide enough, so I ended up scaling the whole thing down to 87%. That helped the step-over a little bit. I still didn't get as fine a detail on it as I would have liked, though. Next I will make a frame for it to set in. The plaque is black cherry, the frame will be red cherry. Thanks for the code, Art. Much appreciated.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 02:53:03 AM »
Nice one Sam, looks really good.

Tweakie.
PEACE