Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:40:46 AM

Author Topic: Plaque of Neptune for above my stairwell. :)  (Read 21492 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Plaque of Neptune for above my stairwell. :)
« on: September 26, 2007, 10:48:00 AM »
Hi Guysd, this is a vectorArt 3d model that I cut to put in the stairwell of my house,
to overlook people as they walk down the stairs. I really like the artwork, took 40 minutes
with a 4.5mm ball mill in teak..
   I got the model from http://www.vectorart3d.com/ . They seem to have a talented sculpter..

Art
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 12:11:40 PM by ART »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Plaque of Neptune for above my stairwell. :)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 10:54:24 AM »
Good job Art, looks a little like you.  :)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 11:56:11 AM »
Very nice, it looks like Paul Senior from American chopper to me.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops

Offline zarzul

•  232 232
  • Wyoming, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 10:39:59 AM »
Cool looking plaque, I don't suppose you could share the gcode for me to try?

Arnie

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 11:10:23 AM »
sure, I cant post the relief, but I think the Gcode for my run is legal..

Art

Offline fdos

•  326 326
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 11:24:38 AM »
Art

What machine and controller you run that file on?  Printer port or external controller?

Nice cutting feedrate at 2520mm/min ;)

Wayne....
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 01:13:49 PM »
Excellent! Very nice. Something is fishy here... but for a plaque of Neptune that's good! Great job!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 09:31:02 AM »
Hi Art,

Firstly a really big thanks for Mach3.

Couldn't resist running your G-Code for Neptune which took 'Twerakie' around 90 minutes ( I reduced the feed rates as it's middle of winter here in the U.K. and my workshop is struggling to maintain 5 degrees C at the moment) while I stayed in the warm.

If I can work out how to do it I will attach some photos (alternately you can go to my website at http://www.cooperman.talktalk.net as I will post them there as well).

Would anyone like to guess just how long it will be before my wife discoveres that the cheese board is missing ?.

Best Regards, Cooperman.

PEACE

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 10:24:55 AM »
cool.. Nice plaque eh?

Art

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 07:04:37 PM »
Your manner of thinking is all wrong. What you should NOT be asking yourself is "I wonder how long it will be before she finds out". We all know that she IS going to find out. What you should instead be asking yourself is "What lie am I going to tell when she finds out". Well, Tweak, thats what were here for. First, you go and tell her what you did. I know, I know, your thinking.."Are you *&#^#* crazy!?!?" The truth of the matter is, well...yes a little bit. Sometimes we have to be to survive. This is how it's going to play out. Bear with me here.
Go to her, with Neptune in hand. State your dominance with a strong, bold voice--"Marvel at what I have sculpted, woman. It is Neptune. God of the mighty sea. It is a tribute to him so that the plague of darkness will not fall upon us or our family."
This statement will obviously startle her. A question will obviously ensue. "..what are you talking about?"
"I (insert name here), man of one less rib, have saved our family and many other families by paying homage to Neptune by creating his likeness from our cheese board."
Now she will most likely get a scowl look on her face and start looking for the ill fated cheese board, all the while torturing your ears with words of scorn and pain to be paid.
This is where your creative talents will really come into play.
Assert your alpha-male qualities with a swift smack of your hand on a solid surface, so as to make a loud startling sound.
"Evil woman, everybody knows that cheese cut on a wooden board gets into the fibers of the wood. Then said cheese will fester with mildew and other microscopic bio-hazardous life forms. Cheese draws mice like a moth to a flame. The mice alone are not a threat, as they have built up an immunity to such hazards, but the fleas that feaster upon the mice feed upon the blood of the mice that have fed on the bio-hazardous fungi infested cheese board fibers. The tainted blood then mutates inside the flea as the dreaded "black plague".  Mouse infested ships traverse the oceans, trespassing upon the mighty Neptune, spreading the disease worldwide. Millions would surly perish upon Neptune's wrath if not for our sacrifices."
This should definitely get you into the clear. I would go so far as to say you will get to place this plaque anywhere of your choosing without repercussion. Front door, above the bed, on the ceiling, wherever.
If any more problems arise, just call Arts support staff. $1/minute-5 minute minimum. If you make many projects from household items, you might opt for the silver or gold support packages. Your welcome.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."