Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:51:23 AM

Author Topic: mach 3 running industry controls scorpion board  (Read 596 times)

mach 3 running industry controls scorpion board
« on: June 01, 2020, 05:12:37 PM »
Hey all, I have a Majestic MK2 5 axis Mill with an Industry controls scorpion motion control board and the machine just will not reliably run a tool path( it plunges to top and or bottom and sometimes moves randomly in x or y and crashes. The built-in Windows XP computer and machine have been stored for years, could these problems be because of a needed update? The company that makes my control board (Industry Controls Scorpion) is out of business so I can't get any answers there and I'm wondering if I reinstall an Updated version of Mach if the old plugin I have for the board will even work??? It is such a nice( high dollar) board I would hate to have to buy a new one just to get Mach to work. thanks in advance and please let me know if anybody is familiar with or is running one of these boards.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: mach 3 running industry controls scorpion board
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 01:29:39 AM »
Hi Glennlee,

I don't think any updates will cure the problem (updates often create more issues than they solve) but re-installing your existing version may be beneficial if any of the old files have become corrupted.

Tweakie.

PEACE