Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:11:15 AM

Author Topic: My first air cut (Video)  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Pythagoras

•  93 93
  • a² + b² = c²
    • View Profile
My first air cut (Video)
« on: May 26, 2020, 12:30:20 AM »
Hey guys, its been 10 years since I had my last CNC machine. I lost all interest at one stage, but there have been certain times I wished I had one to make different ideas.
Ive surprized myself but not going down the steel road, and using ply wood instead. Once I would have looked down on this kind of build, but I think having a saw table has opened my mind as the how accurate I can cut ply. The table and gantry are torsin boxes and super rigid. Anyhow its really great to here the sound of steppers singing after all this time. I nhave a LOT of refindments to make and I was thinking that the machine could make many of the update parts. Its great to be back.
Benny
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V6OmvDKA7eo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT:Cant remember how to embed video? https://youtu.be/V6OmvDKA7eo
The Pythagorean theorem: The sum of the areas of the two squares on the legs (a and b) equals the area of the square on the hypotenuse (c).     a² + b² = c².

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: My first air cut (Video)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 01:43:54 AM »
Excellent work Benny, a very nice looking machine.
Just one comment - you need more belt wrapped around the gantry stepper motor pulley  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Pythagoras

•  93 93
  • a² + b² = c²
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 02:36:57 AM »
Hey good sir, great to see you are still around too.
Yes you would think that, and I have two flat toothless pulleys for that, but I have noticed that since the belt is driving ball screws it doesnt jump. Reckon you could tow a Volvo with that gantry arrangement before the belt skipped out. Im more concerned at having my nuts caught in the belt and pulley. Guards and redesign still to come.
I appreciate your input. :)
The Pythagorean theorem: The sum of the areas of the two squares on the legs (a and b) equals the area of the square on the hypotenuse (c).     a² + b² = c².

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 03:02:15 AM »
Im more concerned at having my nuts caught in the belt and pulley.

Must admit I never thought about that  ;D ;D ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Pythagoras

•  93 93
  • a² + b² = c²
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 04:48:54 AM »
Im redesigning the jogging screen but need help writing the incremental buttons. I keep getting a mach error message.
Could someone just write me the gcode for one button ? Thanks.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 08:37:14 PM »
Code "G00 G91 X1."
while Ismoving()
Sleep(25)
Wend

Or is this not what you need

Without engineers the world stops

Offline Pythagoras

•  93 93
  • a² + b² = c²
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 01:21:12 AM »
Thanks Graham. Thats exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate your help.
BTW are you still an admin here? Any chance of enabling video embed? I remember the setting is in there.
If videos are embedded from Youtube it wont slow down the forum at all.
Also In slightly confuse with setting up my A axis. If I type "g00 g91 a360" it should spin exactly once?

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 04:53:54 PM »
Only if you have steps per degree set right.

Without engineers the world stops

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2020, 09:21:16 AM »
When calibrating the rotary axis it is best to do a min 10 turn test to check for errors in the steps/per. At one rev it is very hard to spot a couple of steps error where a 10 turn test makes it obvious.

Just a thought, (;-) TP