Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:52:18 PM

Author Topic: Installing on the D: Drive?  (Read 5891 times)

Installing on the D: Drive?
« on: September 25, 2007, 04:21:22 PM »
When I upgraded my Mach3, I went to use the latest installed version of NFW and kept getting an error that a path couldn't be found.  I realized that this was due to the default settings in NFW indicating c:\Mach3\Addons\NewFangled as opposed to my current D: installation.  I fixed it by copying NFW to the default path on Drive C but am hoping that there's a way to configure NFW to work on D.  This worked fine in the prior version of NFW for some reason.  Any insight?  Thanks!

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Installing on the D: Drive?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 04:48:13 PM »
It is recommended that Mach and any thing pertaining to it be installed on C.

Hope this helps,
Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 09:08:10 PM »
The current version of the NFW use material info from a file instead of being hard coded into the program, but that needs to find the file which I put in the default C:\Mach3 path. I am working on a fix for this, but for now you did the right thing by putting those files in the C: path.

should have a fix  in the next week or so.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 10:16:20 PM »
Ron,

Would you mind replying to this thread when the fix is in so I/we know to update?  Thanks!

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 11:24:57 PM »
I would lilke to see this fixed also. The ability to change the default drive/path to anydrive/anypath would be great.

Thanks
Ted
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 07:58:41 AM »
This has been fixed in the 2.75 version, which is at http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,4578.0.html

Just download the zip file and unzip it into wherever your Addons folder is. Let me know if you have any problems with this.
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 09:03:14 AM »
Thanks. I'll give it a try today.

Ted