Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:17:56 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 bob help  (Read 1254 times)

Mach 3 bob help
« on: May 18, 2020, 12:32:11 PM »
Hi guys new to the forum

Need some help with my cnc plasma

Everything working fine till my pc crashed, I reloaded mach3 and put settings in so x and y axis working fine, z axis and thc not working,

But I am seeing an issue on the bob, when I connect usb to bob it powers the board fine, when i connect lpt cable the relay on board starts clicking, double click few seconds double click over and over,

Before the breakdown used to just power up one click on relay that's it, so I want to find out if the relay on the board is done?

If it is I would have just changed out the bob, however I cannot find the same bob with built on relay in stock in SA, so this is where my issue comes,

I managed to get a 6axis wantai bob which is almost the same besides no relay, so now to duplicate the same system is my issue.

The original bob had 2 wires soldered at the bottom of the bob underneath the relay and that was wired to another 5v PCb 8pin relay, which used to trigger thc and torch fire, so that's the part I dont understand how to deplicate on new bob.

All this depends if I'm missing anything on original bob causing that relay to double click

Any help would be appreciated

Attached pics of the original bob with pic of underneath where wires were soldered and that 8pin relay

Excuse the wiring and joints this is few days frustrations once I got everything working will wire properly

Thanks

Naeem

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 bob help
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 01:05:47 AM »
Hi Naeem,

I am concerned that you BoB is extremely dirty and that the contamination may be electrically conductive - if the same applies to your PC (or if your PC can become contaminated in the future) then you are jus heading towards failure. Sorry to be so critical but unless you tidy everything up first (the soldering and twisted wires are a joke) you stand little chance of achieving any sort of reliability from your plasma machine.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 11:36:01 AM »
Hi thanks for response appreciate your feedback/critiscm

I did not build machine so it's a huge learning curve figuring everything out how it works backwards with no manufacturer support,

So all the soldering, wires twisted jokes is all my doing to trouble shoot what is wrong, once I got it working can wire everything properly, but for now I'm disconnecting and connecting to figure out what each component does and where is my issues,

But I understand what you say and will definitely be sorting it out once machine working

Anyways I think the problem with relay triggering might have something to do with lpt port, once I connect lpt cable relay just triggers on it's own, I found an old bob and plugged in does same thing with relay, changed lpt cables same thing,

So I'm thinking something to do with lpt port on pc,

So that's next target to mess around with

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 12:45:44 AM »
Anyways I think the problem with relay triggering might have something to do with lpt port, once I connect lpt cable relay just triggers on it's own, I found an old bob and plugged in does same thing with relay, changed lpt cables same thing,

Identify which LPT pin energises the relay than change it's Active Low state in Config. / Ports & Pins / Output Signals - does the relay still energise ?.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 12:59:22 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 11:06:39 AM »
Hi after much struggles I figured the computer was packing up, so got another pc without lpt port, got another bob the 4 axis cnc usb bob

https://www.robotics.org.za/BSMCEO4U

So I got the x and y axis moving fine with mach3 on pc keyboard

But now to control the z axis (24v dc motor) and torch fire I'm stuck

I bought a 5v relay, this one below
https://www.robotics.org.za/MAR0002CR?search=relay

Took 5v and ground from bob but now no signal coming from bob,
On MDI tab I put in M3 but relay doesnt activate, am I supposed to get a 24v relay? Or this one supposed to work?

Relay is working if I short it from any of the 5v pins it does click,

Settings on spindle tab is correct M3 output #1 cw

Settings for mach3 I got from buildyourcnc.com using their xml file for same bob

So not sure is it because maybe I got the wrong relay or is it something on mach3

Any help would be appreciated

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 09:02:36 AM »
i got 5v relay to work i wired from +5 and gnd from 5v output sides onto the 24v side, and it is activating relay with output.

i am only using one output to on torch and activate z axis so hopefully will be fine.
not using anything else on the 24v side.

i tried running gcode from previous files i see machine not running, but on mach3 jog it is working,
i am assuming that will have to change post processor from sheetcam, just need to find out which one to use

almost there 8)