Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:08:52 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 Touch Sceen  (Read 2259 times)

Offline Rob G

•  16 16
    • View Profile
Mach4 Touch Sceen
« on: May 15, 2020, 08:18:52 PM »
Here is another touch screen that I would like feed back on.  Please take a look, comment and make suggestions.

Thanks,

Rob Gaudette

Newfangled Solutions
Re: Mach4 Touch Sceen
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 10:00:05 PM »
Looks good, I think even my fat fingers can work with that :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 06:49:13 AM »
Looks good.
It is tough to get a feel for the screen due to the way 40% of a wide monitor is wasted with dead space the way the forum is laid out.
At 100% zoom, you have to scroll back and forth to see the whole screen at once. If I zoom out until the scroll bar goes away, say 35%, the screen is to small to see. On top of that, the scroll bar is at the bottom of the post, so you have to scroll to the bottom, scroll sideways, then scroll back up.
I must be getting old.!!!!!!!

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 06:50:28 AM »
BTW, LOVE the colors!!!!!

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 07:08:45 AM »
I must be getting old.!!!!!!!

Naaa, you have years to go yet  ;)

(considering the alternative, getting old is good).
PEACE

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 08:41:53 AM »
I would like to see more portrait style screens with the lower half fixed with all the commonly used buttons, sliders, e-stop etc and the top half changing to show run, offset, settings, etc, that way less button clicking to find single block and open file and the like.

In most cases we use about 10 items on the screen when setting up and less when just cycling the machine.

Something along the lines of this but better
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 08:49:18 AM by Graham Waterworth »
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 11:34:21 PM »
The current plan is to make the screen in landscape and after one in portrait. The goal of this is to get people thinking and start making some good screens in Mach4. This screen will also be converted into a remote GUI :) . I can’t wait for you all to see the goodies we have !

www.machsupport.com

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2020, 10:26:47 AM »
One issue I see with "new" Mach4 screens, at least from my perspective. I have, over 4 years or so, added lots of little things to the wx4 screenset, most of which I've forgotten all about!! So......if the wx4 screen got updated, I'd never know as I use my modified version. Same would apply to a cool new screen, I'd have to go into THAT screen and make all my little edits/additions. I know, I'm supposed to document this stuff, but each little thing seems insignificant so I never do that, I just figure I'll "remember" them all, and that doesn't happen either!! I'm pretty good about commenting the script itself, but that doesn't make it easier to remember all I've changed.

Is there a way to "compare" two screens, like wx4 and MY wx4 to see all the things that are changed? I seem to remember Brett showing me how to do that years ago, but, alas, I've forgotten that, too. Probably in NotePad++ somehow but I don't remember.

Tom
--
Tom
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2020, 04:58:21 PM »
I think the best thing to do is to simply try the screen and see what you like and don't like. Once you have an idea you can grab chunks of code and move it to the new screen. The real goal would be to add your features without changing the screen so you can be up to date all the time.

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2020, 06:11:06 AM »
That would be nice if I had a big widescreen.
My touchscreen is only 1280x1024.