Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:48:43 AM

Author Topic: video problem  (Read 14326 times)

video problem
« on: September 24, 2007, 05:53:24 PM »
I am using a windows XP SP2 computer to run Mach3. I installed a zoom cam camera and tried the video window in Mach3, it worked great but then all the lenses fell out (I unscrewed it to focus it and the vibration shook them out).

So I threw that one away and bought a driverless USB web cam , I tested it using the XP camera viewer and it works fine, but when I try to use the Mach3 viewer I get 'VideoOCX (video) Driver can't be connected', if I ok that message then select the camera, and try to start streaming I get 'VideoOCX (video) Decompresser not supported (try 24bit color depth video format)'.

Any ideas what is wrong or should I just get another web cam with drivers?

Nick
Re: video problem
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 09:08:45 AM »
Can you get drives for it??? there is not much that I can do to fix that one ;(
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 08:17:20 AM »
Nick,
     Did you fix your problem?
I know someone with the same issue.
I was wondering if you fixed it. The camera he is using works in windows but not in mach3.
There is no driver for his camera. just an ebay plug and play(sorry plug and pray).
Rod
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 08:36:55 AM »
Rod
No, I did not find a solution to the problem, so I just bought another camera with software, that did the trick.
Nick

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 01:39:41 PM »
Yes - this is exactley the problem I am having. These USB cameras do not come with drivers, they use drivers already installed in Windows. I had a similar problem with on board drivers taking over sound cards on my computer organ system as well.

Does anybody have a driver which we can install, to override the on board driver. This generally cures the problem ???
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 05:54:12 AM »
I am the person Rodney highlighted as also having the problem (thanks for posting mate).

Yes it seems that XP takes control of the video stream/control and mach3 then cannot use it - even though I can get the webcam working with other applications.  Maybe other webcams with drivers allow for better control of this.

Hopefully someone has a solution for this one.  The only alternative is to use another video app (with crosshairs) and then switch back to Mach3 (not ideal, but will get the job done.

Cheers,  Jason

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 06:17:26 AM »
Jim, I'll try to find the driver I use this evening and post it up. Not sure it will help you, but we'll see.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 04:02:44 AM »
Brett - Thanks for that - it is worth a try. I cannot see why the driver in Windows will not work, although, knowing Bill Gates, he would want a percentage of the lathes.
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 06:52:29 AM »
Hi Guys,
    Well I think I found the problem. The guys I know that are having the problem all have USB 1.0 ports.
All tho these cameras will work under scanner and camera wizard, they will not work in Mach3 without a USB 2.0 port.
It must need the higher speed for the transfer.

I have tested this on 3 machines with USB 2.0 and it works perfectly, but on my USB 1.0 port laptop I get that error.
I'm waiting on a USB card for the laptop to fully confirm this but it does look like the answer.

Please reply if it does fix your problem.

Rodney
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 07:44:09 AM »
Hi Again,
    Just after I wrote the postI plugged the camera into my home pc and it picked it up ok but said it can perform faster if plugged into a USB 2.0 port.
Stupid window set it as a USB 1.0. I took the opportunity to check it in Mach 3. And guess what that same error.
I plugged it into the port next to it and It came up normally and worked perfectly.
So I through it back into the other port and it work fine.

It’s defiantly a USB1.0 port issue
Grab a USB 2.0 port and test it out.

Also some of these cameras don't like long cables. You need a sheilded and labeled USB 2.0 cable.
A powered Hub helps here too.

Cheers
Rodney