Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:04:00 AM

Author Topic: reset button not working  (Read 995 times)

reset button not working
« on: April 27, 2020, 06:18:16 AM »
Recently my computer controlling my CNC failed. So replaced it with the same HP 7800 SFF computer. Set it all up and the machine worked perfect. switched it off and it automatically said 74 updates. next time I turned it on I ended up with a blue screen of death. So did the modification as suggested on forum Windows7/parallel port crash. Fine can now load program but cannot get the rest button on MAch3 to flip. Any suggestions.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: reset button not working
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 06:37:20 AM »
Try changing the Active State of the EStop in Config. / Ports & Pins / Input Signals.

(Ideally your Mach3 machine control PC should be a dedicated unit & not connected to the internet and receiving updates).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 07:04:15 AM »
Cheers Tweakie, my computer/machine is not connected to the internet, but unfortunately the new machine I purchase came with windows installed and it kept asking for me to install the 74 updates in it memory, I kept ignoring it but finally thought what damage can it do, how wrong can you be. I'm from the UK and we have a saying when your waiting for a bus 2 come at once. Well I thought it was the power supply to my old computer so ordered a new power supply. It came this morning and guess what, I now have 2 working computers for my Denford Triac CNC.  Cheers mate and thanks for your prompt reply. Boris Johnson is back and needs a haircut, now all we have to do is get ride of that dam virus. Jimthefish.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 07:43:19 AM »
 ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 10:49:47 AM »
HI Tweakie, went down the shed (workshop) to change the Estop setting as you suggested. Got a problem, I changed it, done the apply then OK. Tried the machine still not working. when I looked at the Estop it had not changed, so tried again, and again. it keeps say Estop requested, any suggestions. I have changed it with the machine off line but it keeps defaulting to the original setting, I've even disconnected the estop all to no avail, any suggestions.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 01:15:27 AM »
Hi Jim,

I have changed it with the machine off line but it keeps defaulting to the original setting

Make sure you are closing Mach3 correctly (settings are only saved at the time Mach3 software is closed correctly).

Limit switches will also give the Estop requested report.
The Estop and Limit switches are usually wired Normally Closed (N.C.) so disconnecting them will not solve the issue. Check that they are all connected correctly and closed circuit.
Chances are you have a wire off somewhere.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2020, 08:16:47 AM »
Bingo Tweakie, decided to clean up the workshop so started by cleaning swarf of the milling machine. Must have brushed too hard and disturbed a control wire to a limit switch. Thanks again for your help. Jim Fisher

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2020, 01:00:23 AM »
Excellent news Jim, I am pleased you now have it working OK.

Tweakie.
PEACE