Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:36:35 PM

Author Topic: CSMIO/IP-M with Frenic Mini VFD  (Read 1545 times)

CSMIO/IP-M with Frenic Mini VFD
« on: April 11, 2020, 04:31:21 PM »
Hi all!

Hope you are all healthy and not too bored in quarantine ;-).

To beat boredom,  I am trying to revive my CNC machine, but I am having issue to get the VFD/spindle running:

• "Traditional" way using analog output to control speed and digital outputs to control VFD.  I can get the VFD to accept the speed/frequency command but the spindle won't start, the VFD does not enter running mode.  I have wired the VFD to CSMIO like here https://en.cs-lab.eu/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/simcnc-csmioip-s-hy07d543b.jpg.  After issuing M3 command on MDI, VFD FWD and CM terminals are connected, freq. is set - but no running spindle. 
    I suspect there is a signal missing to get VFD into running mode or there is something wrong in the VFD settings. If I issue a run command using Fuji Loader software, spindle starts to run at correct speed as set by Mach3 (i.e. S6000).  I just don't get the spindle to move from with Mach3.
  • Modbus RTU.  I used to be able to control the VFD/spindle using modbus from my old PC (Win XP.  On my new PC, Win 10 64 with patched version of mach3, I am not getting mach3 to talk to VFD.  Using Simply Modbus, I am able to control VFD and spindle using the same serial port.  I have attached the Mach3 Modbus config that worked on the old PC

Any thoughts or ideas on VFD settings or Mach3 serial port issue?
Attachments don't work ...
[/list]