Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:29:34 AM

Author Topic: Triple edge finding and Auto tool zero help  (Read 829 times)

Triple edge finding and Auto tool zero help
« on: April 04, 2020, 01:31:50 PM »
Hi,

Hopefully I can describe what I'm hoping to achieve ideally using the standard Mach 3 screen set if possible as i know there are other screens/sets that may offer a solution.

Firstly I should mention I have added a Auto tool zero led and button and assigned a script which will perform an auto Z zero tool change ( i still need to figure out how to insert the position on the table I would like the spindle to move to above the fixed Z height tool setter-see below)

Ideally I would like to achieve the following workflow on a new job that requires multiple tool changes.

1-Ref all axis to zero
2-Insert first tool required into spindle
3-Position job blank to be cut on the bed which will be a certain distance in from X and Y machine zero
4-Place triple edge finder on corner of job work piece
5-Find Z zero and X/Y centre using edge finder program/macro or script?
6-Run first operation required with that tool
7-When next tool is called for stop spindle and call for tool change
8-Spindle moves to a position on the table where I have a Z height tool touch plate and set the new tool Z height.
9-Once confirmed start the next operation in the loaded program and repeat if further tool changes are required.

I have several scripts/macros I have found but as I'm still a novice not entirely sure if what I'm wanting to do is possible in one script?

I am thinking I may need to load a file for the initial triple edge finder set up for the first tool and then the script within my auto tool change macro will perform the auto z tool changes in between operations. If this is the answer how do i run the initial triple edge finder script without replacing the one in the auto tool change button.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Triple edge finding and Auto tool zero help
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 07:31:52 PM »
Store the button script in a macro.m1s file and call the macro from as many buttons as you like.
Without engineers the world stops