Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 01:18:57 AM

Author Topic: 6 AXIS G CODE  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Brian_vz

•  1 1
  • Mechatronics & Instrumentist Technologist.
    • View Profile
6 AXIS G CODE
« on: April 02, 2020, 04:19:03 PM »
Hi everyone,

So i have designed a 6 axis cnc router/mill head using solidworks, and some day(hope soon) i want to take that project to the reality, but when that happens i will face two more challenges:

How do i automatic extract a 6 axis G code from a piece, what software can i use to generate such a code?
- We know already that MACH 3 & 4 can support up to 6 axis, in terms of electronic wiring and software,
but what about 6 axis g code generation?

What software can allow me to simulate the production of a piece using 6 axis?
- This so i can compare the production time and costs using conventional axis(3 axis) vs 4, 5, & 6 axis.
If according to the piece fabricated in a 5 axis cnc machine, the time is reduced in a 50% of the production time compared to a 4 axis cnc,  This will help me to do the same but this time with 5 axis vs 6 axis.

There is a third but not less important, can you sujest two pieces for this type of simulation, one very simple and the other one very complicate, but in both cases there must exist the need to use the six axis, i have some ideas, but I have always like to see others people's thoughts.

Please comment,
Every comment, no matter what, is a very welcome help, because it is a significant advance!