Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:39:30 PM

Author Topic: Windows 10 - Disable Services  (Read 974 times)

Windows 10 - Disable Services
« on: March 31, 2020, 08:07:15 PM »
I am looking for advice on what services to disable in Windows 10 to optimize Mach 4 operation and eliminate any bugs or unfavorable behavior. I have just updated and to Win 10 and noticed some odd behaviors reinstalling Mach 4 and configuration/operation.
 Some of this may seem like common sense, but....
One issue i noticed is Mach 4 immediately locks when i open a picture or photo. This came up during reconfiguration as i took pictures of my previous settings, not running or while enabled of course.
What can i do to streamline communication and eliminate issues. If someone has previously posted, a link would be appreciated as Win 10 is bloated with hidden settings compared to Win 7.
TIA!
Re: Windows 10 - Disable Services
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 09:38:15 PM »
I don't know if this helps, but just been out running mach4, Viewing photos, Videos etc over Wifi and internet No issues, mach4 kept on Going fine. I use an ESS, maybe a problem with your plugin.
My computer that I use is a reasonable spec laptop from about 6 years ago with a clean install of windows 10 64 bit.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 10:17:54 PM »
I had been running controller and drivers for 3 years previous on other pc without issue. I do not believe it is plug in or controller related as Win 7 ran it fine.

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 10:33:07 PM »
Possibly time for an update?
Hope you get it all fixed soon.

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 08:41:59 PM »
The simple answer is don't open a picture on that machine.  It is now a MACHINE controller when you are using it to control a MACHINE.  This is huge pet peeve of mine. 

That being said, most machines run windows 10 and Mach 4 without issue.  Mach 4 is developed on Windows 10.  I would suspect some buggy driver for your motherboard.  See if there are any updates for any and all devices (ehternet, video, chipset, etc..).  Either that or the OS may be virused up.  I have seen that before! 

Steve
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 10:37:19 PM »
Thanks Steve. I agree with the machine controller concept, but as I said was configuring and needed to reference some photos and hadn't had that issue on Win 7.
This was the type of help I was looking for. While Win 10 should findthe drivers, I will manually download and update drivers for ethernet, mobo, usb, ect, ect.
Once I'm set up all the extraneous non essential programs and apps will be removed and back to main topic of my post. I was hoping someone might have a short list of what they have removed or kept to keep functionality intact and eliminate any nonessential junk.
Thanks.