Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:19:03 AM

Author Topic: problem threading whit mach 4 csmio ip+csmio encoder  (Read 916 times)

problem threading whit mach 4 csmio ip+csmio encoder
« on: March 31, 2020, 09:53:17 AM »
Hi everyone.
We did a retrofit to a cnc lathe, and we put the mach control 4.
the lathe works perfectly, but the threading does not work for me.
I am using the csmio ip and csmio enc module, and it tells me the actual rpm.
When entering the threading program, the tool is positioned but does not advance to make the thread.
stands still as if waiting for some signal, imagine the encoder reference pulse.
Is anyone threading with this control? Is something wrong with me in the configuration?
I need help, thanks
Re: problem threading whit mach 4 csmio ip+csmio encoder
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 04:39:40 PM »
Hi,
I think the CSMIO/A Mach4 plugin is buggy.

There was a thread running on this board a month or so ago about this very issue. Have you scanned the posts from the
last six weeks-one month old?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 05:30:39 PM »
Hello, first of all, thanks for answering.
From what I have read to one of them if it works, in my case only the tool is placed.
So I was wondering if they have done any kind of special configuration, because it does not move me.
I have been told that there was a help video here of thread option into mach 3 or mach 4. I have searched it and cannot find anything.
I'm going to ask in that thread to see how you have made it work for you. thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 09:02:39 PM »
Hi,
I have read those threads and I came to the conclusion that the CSMIO....either type, has a problem being
able to start at the correct place when multiple cuts need to be made on one thread.

Other controllers can do it so its not anything to do with Mach4......but the controller plugin.

CSLabs used to have a market leading reputation for support and bug fixes. I don't know what gone on there,
but they have gone right off the boil. Their Mach4 plugin is just plain buggy, its better than XHC, but only just.

Craig
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 09:34:38 AM »

Hello, seeing what happens to many people, we will have to wait to see if we update the firmware.
But there are videos that if they can be threaded, we will continue trying to see if we can start it. Thanks for your time.