Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:21:54 PM

Author Topic: Trouble with Reinstall  (Read 1941 times)

Trouble with Reinstall
« on: March 29, 2020, 03:13:51 PM »
I've moved and also changed computers for running my mill via Pokeys57cnc and Mach. It previously ran wonderfully with little to no problems. I've reinstalled on a new pc. Went from older Win7 to newer Win10 and also a touch screen. I've have done just about everything i can think of and cannot get Pokeys operating motors. I am using PoStep 60-256 drivers with 3 axis' and a separate DM856 for a 4th axis. The 4th axis works fine. I have updated to 4.5.5 Pokeys firmware and 8.66 Mach4/Pokeys plugin, and individually checked the PoStep drivers for updates and function. No issues with any of the self diagnostic software. The software drivers are also new since my original installation 3-4 years ago. Mach 4 is set up same as i had taken screenshots of all Mach settings. I did not take screens of my Pokeys plug in settings though.
Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. I can not think of what it could be at  this point. Yes, i've checked wiring about 3 dozen times.
I wouldnt think i would need to go back to Win 7 or rollback to what i was using in terms of software and firmware 3-4 years old, but am at that point.
Re: Trouble with Reinstall
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 06:53:04 PM »
Finally figured it out and really surprised anyone with Pokeys and Mach 4 wouldn't have posted unless they too installed some time ago or are not using PoStep drivers. My first clue was motors humming on start while disabled, which took a bit to get to do at all.  Several power cycles of Pokeys, closing and opening of Mach, and a restart of PC along with firewall exception of Mach GUI.  Mach finally started communicating with PoStep drivers and showing settings correctly in plug in dialog. Ultimately changing output setting in plugin/Pokeys dialog> Enable setting to green check of active low solved all issues. All 4 axis' are now working. Between a dead hard drive and new house/moving, literally has been a year to finally get back to where i was. Hopefully this post helps someone else and/or me in the future.  ::)
Re: Trouble with Reinstall
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 05:01:28 PM »
Hi rodm,

for the first time i made screenshots too, but they are not confident. Use the backup profile of the machine.ini. You can load it with the "Mach4 Loader" on yout desktop, that is placed after the installation and the machine.ini is a automatic backup file after every startup of Mach4. You can find it in the folder: [/img]
in the machine.ini is anything saved, also your pokeys setups  ;)

regards
cncprint.blogspot.com