Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 04:52:18 AM

Author Topic: mach 3 problem  (Read 968 times)

mach 3 problem
« on: March 28, 2020, 08:04:36 AM »
I've been using mach 3 for a few years with no problem. Yesterday it stopped performing with any file that I opened...gave me a "bad character used " notice. Now when a file was loaded the directional keys didn't do anything. ..but without a file being opened the keys moved thru the movements like they are supposed to. I tried different files and even made a quick file...won't do anything when a file is opened...I make dxf with draftsight...convert with sheetcam...and use mach 3.   I'm not a computer guy so if you have any suggestions please keep it simple for me to understand...thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: mach 3 problem
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 08:08:22 AM »
Try downloading the latest available version of Mach3  https://www.machsupport.com/downloads-updates/main-programs/ and installing it over the top of your existing version. (Please make a back-up copy of your existing Mach3 folder first, just in case any settings are overwritten).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 08:23:00 AM »
thanks...will try later today
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 06:44:11 AM »
I gave a try yesterday...I think that my cnc computer is shot...so now I have to buy a new computer. And the problem of hooking it up with...the driver, draftsight, sheetcam, mach3, etc,etc,etc.  I am terrified of this because I'm not too "computer knowledgeable"....always open to suggestions...or hands on assistance if any one is near west valley ny. Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 06:50:26 AM »
Just a tip but IMO it is better to use a dedicated PC just for running Mach and have all your CAD/CAM, etc. on another computer.

Tweakie.
PEACE