Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:29:34 PM

Author Topic: Mach 2 not working with G code produced by Turbo Cad/Cam  (Read 4541 times)

Mach 2 not working with G code produced by Turbo Cad/Cam
« on: September 21, 2007, 01:33:37 PM »
Hi There
I have a cnc mill running Mach 2 and am at my wits end trying to get it to run g-code produced by TurboCad/Cam. It loads in the file fine and produces a profile on screen. When you go to run the program it does the tool change gets to the G54 line and then sits there doing nothing. Has anyone used this set up with mach 2? Any help would be really appreciated ???

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 2 not working with G code produced by Turbo Cad/Cam
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 04:02:10 AM »
Hi,

Post one of your NC code files for us to look at.  Use the Additional options in the reply box to add the file to your posting.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 12:28:29 PM »
Hi Graham,

Thanks for replying, I managed to get going using a line you suggested to someone else the tool change line G43 M6 T1 H1 and it is working great. The only thing it won't do now is G41 and G42 so i have to re-write the program not a disaster I know but would be nice for when machining stuff spot on. I have attached a working program. Any coments on tool offset would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again Paul :)

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 12:59:12 PM »
Paul = sorry to but in on your post, but I have also asked for some help with tool offsets I have tried various combinations without much success. I can get the offset, but not the one I was expecting. I noticed your file "bogie equaliser" and wondered if you were machining miniature railway parts. Thats what I am doing at the moment.

The reason I butted in - I also use Turbo Cad - I have had it a long time - several years now, but my version does not write G Code. Can you get an add-on for this. I quite like Turbo Cad and would like to keep using it if possible.

Heres hoping Graham comes back with the reply to our G40 query.
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 06:22:07 PM »
What G40 question, I must have missed it or lost track of it.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 05:24:28 AM »
Sorry Graham - see other post "need help with G40, G41 G42"

Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.