Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:07:13 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 CNC problem  (Read 1701 times)

Mach 3 CNC problem
« on: March 19, 2020, 03:38:38 PM »
I currently have a CNC for wood working from China, its the largest working surface table they could send that could fit in a container. Everything is working fine, but I noticed when the X & Y axis's work together to create circles or a radius, it seems to be slightly erratic and not smooth at all. The holes and radius's all seem just fine and accurate, just a little concerned that something is not quite in tune with each other. My smaller Jcut CNC (4' x 8" working surface) seems  way more steady and smooth. Almost like the 2 stepper motors that are on each side of the table for the bridge drive are the ones not in sinc with each other. Is there a fix to smooth out this behavior?
Re: Mach 3 CNC problem
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 04:25:24 PM »
Hi,
what does the manufacturer say about it?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 04:49:10 PM »
Thats the problem, being I just received this machine 2 months ago from China, not getting much help from them at this time for obvious reasons.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 05:52:26 PM »
Hi,
would CVID19 stop them from replying to an email?

Often times an email to a Chinese manufacturer actually goes to China....in galaxy far far away. >:(

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 08:17:21 AM »
I currently have a CNC for wood working from China, its the largest working surface table they could send that could fit in a container. Everything is working fine, but I noticed when the X & Y axis's work together to create circles or a radius, it seems to be slightly erratic and not smooth at all. The holes and radius's all seem just fine and accurate, just a little concerned that something is not quite in tune with each other. My smaller Jcut CNC (4' x 8" working surface) seems  way more steady and smooth. Almost like the 2 stepper motors that are on each side of the table for the bridge drive are the ones not in sinc with each other. Is there a fix to smooth out this behavior?

if you look to the GCode witch contains the cricles, are there G2/G3 commands or a lot G1?
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 05:49:21 PM »
There are no G2 or G3 commands in the whole program, only a few G1's...sorry for not getting back to you earlier, being from Pennsylvania and our company going into lock out for 2 weeks, its been quite hectic.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 05:18:52 AM »
so that means your cycles are "splited" into Little lines. G1 is a linear move.

havea look to your cam Software, that circulare moves are created with G2/G3
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 08:58:27 AM »
I create all my G-codes through ASPIRE 9.5
would you know how to correct that through that program.

My last CNC came with the Aspire 8 cnc pirated version, this one did not but I had purchased the complete updated program of Aspire 9.5 and loaded it on both machines. Could this be the problem being it came with another software program and I do not use it to create the G-Codes?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2020, 09:29:10 AM »
Hi Sullie,

It is not all down to your version of Aspire.

Just as an example…

If you download a .dxf file and import it into Aspire then trace it to create a toolpath then that operation will copy any curves (comprising of many straight lines) into curves comprising of many straight lines. This situation can be improved by use of the Aspire ‘Curve Fit’ function which will, where possible, replace these many straight lines with true arcs. Overall this means that when the final toolpath is created (using the Mach2/3 Arcs… Post Processor) G2 and G3 commands will be used to replace the Many G1 commands which would otherwise be present. This produces much smoother motion from a CNC machine.

( Not a terribly good explanation but I tried  :-\ ).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2020, 09:39:31 AM »
No that makes sense, I will give it a whirl when I get back in 2 weeks and let you know how it turned out. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.