Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:25:03 PM

Author Topic: new to CNC machines need help  (Read 1044 times)

new to CNC machines need help
« on: February 25, 2020, 06:16:15 PM »
Hello every one I need help I have down loaded mach3 software and have driver problem not found keep trying and still not found . Does anyone know how to fix this?
Re: new to CNC machines need help
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 01:07:18 PM »
Hi,
you haven't provided much information.

What PC are you using?
What version of Windows are you using?
Did you re-boot the PC as you are required to do so per the installation instructions?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 06:38:09 PM »
Hi Craig
I am using windows 10 laptop any I reboot and still same and also have desktop with windows 7 with same problem
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 08:21:41 PM »
Hi,
Windows10 WILL NOT run Mach's parallel port. Niether will Windows7 UNLESS it is 32 bit.

Mach3 is in two parts, the GUI/Gcode interperter/trajectory planner is just another Windows application and can run on almost any PC.
Mach's parallel port is another beast altogether, it lives in the kernel level 0, and almost has to shoulder Windows out of the way to
do its job. It accepts numeric data from the trajectory planner and uses interrupt driven timers to generate the required pulse
streams which are communicated to the outside world  on a parallel printer port.

While the Windows application will run on any PC the parallel port driver WILL ONLY run on Windows 7 32bit and earlier and in most cases
on a desktop PC only.

If you buy an external motion controller like an Ethernet SmoothStepper or a UC300 the PC is relieved of the duty of generating pulse streams
and thereafter you can use any PC, Windows 10...64bit....laptop/desktop. Another advantage is the a parallel port is VERY sensitive to hardware
and particularly other software and/or services installed or worse running on the PC, it will stutter and stall at any interference whereas an external
motion controller is VERY much less subject to such interference.

Do yourself a favor and buy an external motion controller and DON'T buy el-cheapo Chinese rubbish, they don't work and you won't get any help from them.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 03:38:26 PM »
Thanks I will order one today and try it thanks for your help