Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:21:11 PM

Author Topic: Need a new screen for Mach3  (Read 1174 times)

Need a new screen for Mach3
« on: February 09, 2020, 10:34:22 AM »
Computer died, got a new machine, put all of the misery in one bucket and installed Win 10.
Installed Mach3 (No parallel port driver, just the program), configured it, works great EXCEPT...

Along with the new PC I also got a new monitor, a nice big wide one.  Mach3 runs just fine but the 1024 screen it uses doesn't look too good on that new monitor. Waaay to wide, everything is distorted in the X axis.  I rummaged around in the downloadable screen sets but there isn't enough info to tell if what I'm looking at would help.

The new monitor runs at 1680 x 1050.  Is there a screen set out there that looks pretty much like the 1024 screenset but will have the right aspect ratio for this new monitor?

I really don't want to dive into the screen editors and try to roll my own so that's not a choice.  If the answer is: "You can't get there from here", then OK, I can live with it.

Advice needed.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
Re: Need a new screen for Mach3
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 01:26:21 PM »
if you use attached Settings, it does not look so bad here (1920x1000 21" wide Screen)
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 09:53:50 AM »
Next step in my education, what do I do with the .png file?  Downloaded it and saved it, where do I put it and how do I introduce it into Mach3?

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 02:46:35 PM »
nothing to do with the .png file.
just go to Config (main menue) -> General Config and make the setings like sugested
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 03:39:42 PM »
OK, sorry, little slow out of the gate.  I was thinking that attachment was some form of a screenset.  Should have dawned on me with the .png suffix.  Simply a picture of the setup screen.

Did what you showed, that cleaned up the image considerably, no more jaggy parts.  Didn't change the aspect ratio as I had hoped.  I can't get there from here but I can get part way.

Good to go.  Some day when I have a WHOLE lot of time I may dive into that screen editor. (but probably not.)

Thanks for your help.