Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:25:37 AM

Author Topic: Question for Brian re new Video Window  (Read 6317 times)

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Question for Brian re new Video Window
« on: September 18, 2007, 06:59:45 PM »
Brian I believe the new version of the Video Window is your creation.  Looks good. :)

Couple of questions,

Can it be made a re sizable window?  I use a small screen and it does not leave much room to see enough of the Mach screen behind.

Focus must still be returned to Mach before keyboard jogging will work.  I suppose nothing can be done about that.

It would appear that the problem we had with having to stop the video stream before closing is fixed. Is that right?

I had an issue where the camera driver I was using was working perfect with the old window but stopped working with the new one.

New driver had to be found and installed before it would work.  Don't know why that would be.

Greg
Re: Question for Brian re new Video Window
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 10:10:44 PM »
I was thinking about making it so that you can change the size of the window... The problem that I have with that is that it is going to take about a day to build that in. (It is on the list)

Yup jogging is a problem, I am working on a way to fix this but once again this takes time :(

The Problem with the video closing is all fixed, You can turn it on and off all day long anyway you like ;)

You many have needed the new driver because of some color stuff that we are doing...

thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 10:24:42 PM »
Brian

I have done some more playing with the Video Window.

Discovered the Shift/Left Click jogging. 

It is labeled Shift/Right Click but it is the left button that works for me.

You have to make sure you orient the camera the correct way up. :D

Can the mouse pointer be made to go to the "Precision Select" mode when on the window?

I mean the cross hairs that are standard windows fair and set with control panel.

What would be great is to be able to adjust the cross hairs (the big video window one) to precisely align center.

These cheap web cams on a stick can be fiddly to get a precise and consistent alignment.

Greg
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 06:21:26 AM »
As I have time I will change the mouse pointer and make it so you can change the size of the video window...

Also I have a few bug fixes to this for the next release.
thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com

Offline zarzul

•  232 232
  • Wyoming, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 03:27:02 PM »
Brian,

That is looking really good with what you are doing with the video window changes.  Keep up the fine
work!!

I have a little problem and I think you talked about it in another post,  my video is now a mirror image.
Were you planning on putting a flip image button?

Thanks Arnie
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 10:40:43 PM »
done in the newest rev :)
thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com

Offline zarzul

•  232 232
  • Wyoming, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 03:19:34 PM »
Brian,

I downloaded and installed the latest version but it is still bassackwards?

Arnie
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 10:16:52 PM »
Regarding the bassakwards video window.  I have two different webcams (a Logitech on the office computer, and one of the little cams Zars was selling) connected to the shop compouter)  Both of the cams have a provision for mirroring whatever image is in the cam.  Pretty simple to do in a cam set up screen.  Not in the shop right now so I don't have the setup for that cam handy, but the Logitech contols are located under the Cam Setttings - More Options - choices.  Those options solved the problem for me.

But, Brian, while we are on the subject of mirroring (sort of) - I would like to have a mirroring option for the Text function in LZCam.  Presently, I have to program the code for whatever piece I am making in LZcam and save it.  Then I have to go into the wizard and use the Text function there.  That works, but there are more font options in LZcam - and not having to play with the code generated by the text wizard would save a lot of time.

Thanks

Bob@BobsShop -

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 10:58:17 PM »
Brian,

I downloaded and installed the latest version but it is still bassackwards?

Arnie

Have you tried the feature whereby once scale has been set you can place mouse pointer on a
position on the job and shift/left click and it will jog so that position is centered under the cross hairs.

Is this the reason the image is flipped/mirrored?

Greg
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 11:02:23 PM by Greolt »
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 09:54:09 PM »
>Have you tried the feature whereby once scale has been set you can place mouse pointer on a
>position on the job and shift/left click and it will jog so that position is centered under the cross hairs.

Had not tried that before.  Tried it after reading your post and my Taig mill did not center at a new location.  The table moved to the end of its travel limit and stopped.  Moved to x-positive no matter which side of the cross hairs I moved the mouse indicator to.  May be doing something wrong.  Will try again later.

Bob @ BobsShop - Studying and scratching his head.