Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:27:32 AM

Author Topic: What did I do wrong?  (Read 787 times)

What did I do wrong?
« on: February 04, 2020, 11:50:35 AM »
Hi All,

I was in need of re-imaging my CNC PC with a fresh copy of Windows 10 due to some USB driver issues. Planning ahead to make this as painless as possible, I created an "installation" USB that had all the .exe files I needed as well as any documents that needed to be transferred.

To set up Mach 4 again, I downloaded a new .exe file and copied my profiles, screensets, and modules to the USB drive. I also downloaded new copies of the ESS plugins and Warp 9 SCU.

When the imaging was complete, I installed Mach 4, copied my profiles into the profiles folder, screensets into the screens folder, modules into the modules folder, and plugins into the plugins folder. When I opened Mach, I was disappointed to find that all of my settings under Control and Plugins -> Warp 9 ESS were completely blanked out. I thought the settings would be transferred with the profile.

Fortunately I made screenshots of all the configuration screens so it won't be much work to redo them, but what did I do wrong? How do you transfer the settings?

Thanks,

Mike

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Re: What did I do wrong?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 12:44:35 PM »
Hmmmm......Every time I install a new version of Mach4 I rename the old Mach4Hobby directory to something memorable and install from scratch and copy my old stuff in just like you did. I've NEVER had to reconfigure. So I don't know what to tell you!!
--
Tom
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 01:13:30 PM »
Yeah, I do the same. Have a custom profile for my machine with all the settings and such. Thought it should just copy over no big deal?

Offline jbuehn

•  101 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 03:42:37 PM »
Have you tried loading your profile from one of the backup machine.ini files? Should still be there in your profile's backup folder if you copied the entire profile folder.