Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 12:55:35 AM

Author Topic: Mouse Jogs work, but keyboard jogs do not  (Read 950 times)

Mouse Jogs work, but keyboard jogs do not
« on: January 29, 2020, 12:11:10 PM »
I have enabled the Newfangled Solutions keyboard enabled, as well as the keyboard jog in the mouse jog window...but I cannot get the keyboard to work...

The keyboard works when I hook my Mach3 machine back up...

I have a Gecko540 with a PMDX-411 smart bob interface...

Your help would be appreciated...
Ron

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,199 9,199
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse Jogs work, but keyboard jogs do not
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 01:10:50 AM »
Hi Ron,

Is it Mach4 you are having these issues with ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 07:59:38 AM »
Yes, I am having the problem in Mach4.  As I mentioned, I have enabled the Newfangled Solutions Keyboard plugin, and in the jogging tab, I have the keyboard Jog set to ON.  I can jog using the mouse, but not with the keyboard.

Are there any other switches that I need to set to get the keyboard to work?

Thanks,
Ron
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 05:34:58 PM »
For the keyboard, did you notice that in the Jogging panel just to the right of the button
labeled Continuous there is a button labeled Keyboard Inputs Enable. If you click on it
once it will turn green and the label changes to say Keyboard Inputs Disable. The label
text describes what will happen if you click. The Green color shows that Keyboard is
currently enabled.

In the Packaged Profile that you sent me by email, I see some rather strange configurations
in the key mapping table found in > Config > Plugins > Keyboard Inputs. As it came up for me,
the jog to X+ was set up for Hold the Control Key and hit the Right Arrow. Several others
are similar. This is not the default that should have been in the PMDX-Sample profile,
so perhaps you have reconfigured them.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 09:06:11 PM »
Success!
I accidentally left the strange keystrokes in there when I was having issues (before I found out about the keyboard enable button)…
Thanks Steve!