Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:40:30 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Motor Configuration problem  (Read 901 times)

Mach 4 Motor Configuration problem
« on: January 24, 2020, 06:44:15 PM »
Hi Guys

I'm new to using Mach 4, I have used Mach 3 pretty extensively in the past.  I have a client who recently had his computer crash and required a new one.  Installed Win10 and Mach 4, and asked me to help him set it up.

The machine has an ESS, it installed and is working properly.  I went through and configured everything correctly (I hope), set all the stuff in ESS setup, and Mach 4 setup.  At least I thought so.  In the Mach 4 Motor setup routine, all of the configurations settings are greyed out and cannot be edited, except for the one delay box.  I have the motor signals set up correctly as far as pins and outputs in the ESS, but no matter what I do I can't get the motor parameters to edit.  There doesn't seem to be any way to set the motor outputs in Mach 4, only in the ESS configuration.  What am I missing here?

Any ideas?

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 4 Motor Configuration problem
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 11:09:02 PM »
Have you tried clicking on the motor 0 and 1 and 2 on the right side of the motor configuration tab.
They are grayed out until you click.
Re: Mach 4 Motor Configuration problem
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 12:28:51 AM »
Yeah, I got it.  I thought you had to click the check box beside the motor label to edit the fields instead of the label itself. 

Like Mach3, nothing is intuitive in this software.