Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 03:18:47 AM

Author Topic: MachScreen Hide Control?  (Read 778 times)

MachScreen Hide Control?
« on: January 24, 2020, 02:01:31 AM »
Hello,

I am that guy who first reads -almost- everything, before posting a question on a forum, because 99.99% of the knowledge is public.

Question 1:

Where is the Machscreen 'manual'. I have found everything though, but all dispersed over many Q&A, syntax lists, and own experience.

Question 2:

Since the status of a control can be changed, why no possibility to set the 'visible' status to 'false'? It is a basic item in all vb or C++ based programs.
Or did I miss this?

That would be a simple workaround for changing colors of controls, since 3 different , e.g. DRO'S can have the same Mach3 source value, used in the past to bypass the absence of fully controlled controls.

Unless the visibility of the control is immediately linked in Mach3, for sustainability of the data, and a hidden object is interpreted as an absent object... thus invoking an error...

Thanks for any response

Johan
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 02:03:48 AM by johandg »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: MachScreen Hide Control?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 07:36:54 AM »
Where is the Machscreen 'manual'

There is some info / videos on Klaus's site.
I know of no specific manual, just have to play with the program to learn.

RICH
Re: MachScreen Hide Control?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 04:21:13 AM »
Hi Johan,
as Rich already mentioned, there is no manual, but MS has a help file. As far as I know, does Mach3 not have a status attribute within the set-file. It wouldn't make much sense to add a feature "visible", to MachScreen, as Mach3 doesn't offer that feature.

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.