Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 08:52:30 PM

Author Topic: Stutter/Jitter on all axis  (Read 1050 times)

Stutter/Jitter on all axis
« on: January 22, 2020, 02:36:11 AM »
Good day

I'm currently having an issue with Mach 3 running on Windows 7 32 bit.

Everything works fine, but at set intervals, any one of the axis will have a stutter/jitter/jump when moved. But it doesn't always happen on the same spots, but seems to be more at set intervals.

Then sometimes (lot less frequent) when you move the axis, it makes a very loud high pitched noise.

Is there anybody that possibly know a solution to the problem? Or any advice?

The guy who build the machine for us has immigrated .

Video link below. If you put your volume up, you will be able to hear.

https://youtu.be/Ak66E6A2d5A

Offline fast89

•  154 154
    • View Profile
Re: Stutter/Jitter on all axis
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 02:16:44 PM »
Windows 7 is a little less stable than XP. Generally stuttering is because mach3 is outputting pulses too fast for the hardware, ie tuned too fast. Try slowing things down a bit with lower kernel frequency. Also make sure there are no usb sticks plugged in  or anything running in windows that might distract it.
Re: Stutter/Jitter on all axis
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 02:29:23 PM »
Hi,
Mach's parallel port is inclined to stutter if ANY other software is installed and certainly running at the same
time as Mach.

Have a look at the Start menu of the PC and eliminate all but the essential programs that must start.

If you were to use an external motion controller like an Ethernet SmoothStepper or UC300 the PC is relieved
of the duty of generating pulse stream and is very VERY much less inclined to stuuer or stall.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'