Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:22:48 PM

Author Topic: Shuttlepro looses button assignments  (Read 1231 times)

Shuttlepro looses button assignments
« on: January 20, 2020, 02:52:36 PM »
I added a shuttlepro and configured it. It works fine for a while and then at some point, perhaps after Mach4 reboots or me  making screen edits, I can't nail down when it happens, the settings are lost and they are all set to jog a single axis. Set them up again and it works fine again.
Any idea why this might happen?

Offline dws

•  24 24
    • View Profile
Re: Shuttlepro looses button assignments
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 05:04:10 PM »
I have had this happen to me as well. It is less frequent now (v4322). It only does this when I first start Mach4. Restarting Mach4 will usually bring the settings back and the shuttle will work fine. The settings are stored in the Machine.ini file and remain there. For some reason, it appears that Mach4 doesn't always load the Machine.ini file completely on startup.
David
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 06:33:49 PM »
Glad to hear it's not just me. Does the same kind of thing happen with all pendants or just this one?
I'll have to poke at that and see if other things get lost when the .ini file doesn't load.

Offline dws

•  24 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 06:53:33 PM »
I don't know if other pendants have the same behavior. I was using a iMach P4-S for a short time. However, it was causing my Windows10 to crash I then tried the ShuttlePro, and like it much better than the P4-S, regardless of the occasional non-start. When I first start Mach4, I usually check the regfile to verify that Mach4 loaded the Gcode for the ShuttlePro. It usually loads it; if not, I restart Mach4.
David

Offline Bronk

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 08:36:57 PM »
I have the same thing happening as well.  Not every session but it seems to be if I have not used the machine for a while.  Restart does not bring back the settings. I have to go through the button reassignment each time

Offline dws

•  24 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 09:47:54 PM »
I did have a few rare times that a restart didn't work. It took a second restart.

I also noticed that when the ShuttlePro settings don't load; and, whenever I do something that would cause a change in the Machine.ini file, the Machine.ini file would be updated without the ShuttlePro settings. Therefore, the ShuttlePro settings become lost, and additional restarts will not help.

I believe that this is a bug in Mach4. As a workaround, the first thing I do after startup is to verify that the ShuttlePro settings are loaded. I go to Diagnostic > Regfile > Shuttle0 to verify that my Gcode lines are there. It is a hassle, but I would rather do this than have to either reload all of my ShuttlePro settings or load a backup Machine.ini file.
David
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 07:50:53 AM »
This issue has plagued me as well, for as long as I can remember.
I'm concerned about whether there are any other settings getting lost from Machine.ini that aren't as immediately noticeable...