Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:26:49 PM

Author Topic: B C axis independent from XYZ axis  (Read 2494 times)

Re: B C axis independent from XYZ axis
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2020, 07:14:46 PM »
only 2 computers
i also use like that ,we have cnc with labeing as station before the cnc
the labeling have 2 axiss while cnc have 5
they work in depended but we have external application that control both and give the command for each pc what to do
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2020, 03:57:56 AM »
I apologize for starting another thread, but I try to solve the problems one at a time.
The problem with the tool change is 90% solved, so I thought it was ok to open another thread with the second and largest problem.
I apologize again for the inconvenience created.
I was wondering if it would work by opening two mach4 screens, each with its own code and different control boards.
I know it is "impossible" at the moment, but it was an idea.
Citizen has dual control, but in fact it is a single PC, it has one board on which it's also the PC and the NC .
A single code is created which will be later divided into separate windows by $ 1 and $ 2.
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2020, 04:10:07 AM »
Hi,

I apologize for starting another thread, but I try to solve the problems one at a time

I don't really car how many threads you start....its just they will all end the same way.

There is one solution....use two PCs with an external C# program to synchronise them per Katz Yakov's solution.
The other is to hassle smurph into selling you Mach4Expert which can handle multiple threads.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2020, 05:55:55 AM »
I agree with that solution and asked for details on how the final screen will look, or the screens, if the units need to be exactly the same, etc. but I did not receive any response from KatzYaakov. :-[
I want to know more details because I want to see how well it can be implemented on my machine.
I am willing to pay for the application and help with its implementation.
Thanks!
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2020, 06:30:54 AM »
hi sory just today i back from china (install the mach +pokeys on our machine)
you can think about 2 seprate mach4 system
then on one pc (lets call it master) you create application (i use c# but you can any language that suport mach api)
that application you create the interface as you want,i for example create list of programs that will run one by one automatic ,this application run the mach in the master with simple mach api
and the mach on slave  ,i use 2 step ,first copy the files that i want to the slave,second run application on slave that run the neded program
i use to communicate 2 pc with ssh communication program(my daughter care for that  if you will need she can help you)
and one of main point i try to do that user no need switch between 2 pcs only see one interface
hope thsat gave you first view how its build
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 04:32:35 AM »
Hi
Tell me if I understood correctly:
There will be only one screen, the Mach 4 screen!?
The program for both units will be uploaded to the master unit, and through the C # code and SSH communication it will be transferred to the slave unit!?
Then, through the C # code, both units (G code) will start at the same time and when the code asks for it they will synchronize!?
It is correct as I understood, or ....!???
Thanks!
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2020, 10:36:44 AM »
90%
The main screen (user interface) its not mach its c# app interface
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2020, 10:38:52 AM »
And the syncronise i dont know if its 100%,i mean if you want the 2 mach system axiss csn fo interpolation ,i think no
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2020, 10:56:30 AM »
Hi
There will be times when the B axis spindle 2 will have to mirror the Z axis spindle 1 movements.
For example when the piece is taken over by Sp.2 from Sp.1 and required to make and chamfer.
If this movement is not done in real time then the axes will pull each other the result will be probably a servo alarm.
Thanks for explaining the process and for your patience.
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2020, 12:59:33 AM »
i can think about solution like connect that servo motor to both system,because its step/dir i think no problem, but this will need for you some challenge
like how tell the system that didn't move now the motor where is the new position after other system move it
and electrics connection to avoid signal from one system float into other system
i think both can have not complicated solution