Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:40:53 AM

Author Topic: X axis is reversed?  (Read 1407 times)

X axis is reversed?
« on: January 10, 2020, 07:49:27 PM »
Hi All,

I have been running and cutting parts perfectly with Mach 4 for a while, however all of those parts were symmetrical so this problem never was a issue.

Basically if I try to cut out a word, it is mirrored and reversed. I believe it is because my x axis is flipped. Right now if I press the left arrow to jog left, the tool goes right. If I press right the tool goes left.

Any help would be appreciated. I have tried what I could find online already with no avail.

Thanks!
Re: X axis is reversed?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 08:24:50 PM »
Hi,
what controller are you using?

If its an ESS then the correct place to reverse the direction of the X axis is the 'Ports and Pins' tab of the ESS plugin.
Check (or uncheck) 'Active Low' on the x axis direction pin.

I imagine all other controllers have the same general idea.

Another way of doing it is to reverse one (only) winding of your X axis stepper.

Craig

'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 08:29:46 PM »
Yes, the machine is from AVID and is ESS. I did  go into configure, output signals and tried changing up the active lows (tried every comb for the x axis). None of that did anything. I believe I was doing it correctly
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 08:32:26 PM »
reversing a winding? What exactly do you mean? I would hate to have to cut up my nice cables, but it seems that might be the only way here
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 12:05:32 AM »
Hi,

I did  go into configure, output signals and tried changing up the active lows

You did not read my post closely enough, I said the 'Port and Pins' tab, NOT the Outputs tab. Change the direction pin of
the X axis only.

reversing a winding? What exactly do you mean? I would hate to have to cut up my nice cables, but it seems that might be the only way here

No, you should not have to do it, if you follow the previous instructions. You could change one winding where the stepper
cable attaches to the driver. Reverse just one phase of the two.

Craig
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 12:12:10 AM by joeaverage »
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 03:49:41 AM »
Ah Ok! You are correct! Configure, plugins, ESS then ports and pins. Seems I have to be hooked up to the machine so I will try when I am back.

Thanks a lot Craig!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 04:03:43 PM »
Craig, Thank you!!  I knew there was a way to do it in software as I did in in Mach3. This was a new load from CNCRP/Avid and I could not find it?  Funny thing I had Mach4 running fine for months, before the new load for the touch pad.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 04:05:45 PM by wmgeorge »
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 07:09:19 AM »
Now if I could figure a way to make my VistaCNC M1 pendant work in the new Avid M4 load?
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.