Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:34:54 PM

Author Topic: Saving WPO file ?  (Read 3964 times)

Saving WPO file ?
« on: September 16, 2007, 11:49:21 AM »
I found that when I load up a new version of mach that everything but my WPO's are there. usually this is no problem but i lost a non recoverable WPO last time and realized that this could be an issue if you have a lot of them to save. I need to know where they are stored and how to save this file. It would be real handy if there was maybe a macro with hot key that would auto dump all critical files to a flash drive or at least a file folder that was protected. I looked for the storeage area for wpo's but didn't see it. i'm assuming it must be in .xml but then why isn't it saved ?
CRUISER
  Don
Re: Saving WPO file ?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 12:32:52 PM »
Okay I may be able to help but you need to tell me what is a WPO ??? Work Position Offset? Have you changed the settings under general config? you can save them...
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 01:44:14 PM »
 Thanks for the reply Brian,
Yes Work piece offset, and its not an issue of saving with mach closure, its an issue of installing a new updated version of mach. I find that the tool list is intact but the WPO's are gone, showing only the blank page. once i remembered to write them down, but the one time i really needed to, I forgot ! This appears to be the only feature that is renewed with a fresh install. I tested it just a bit ago when i installed the newest version of mach 3 and sure enough the wpo page was a clean sheet.
CRUISER
  Don
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 03:20:48 PM »
Save the files Fixture.dat and tools.dat in your Mach3/Macros/<Your Profile> directory and you should be all set :)

Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 05:03:03 PM »
I just took a look see and sure nuff there they were ! Thanks a lot but i now think it was too easy ha ha ha
thanks Brian
CRUISER
  Don
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 11:14:00 AM »
After you know how to do "things" it is all easy ;)
Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com