Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 02:15:29 AM

Author Topic: mach 4 reverse motor direction  (Read 1525 times)

mach 4 reverse motor direction
« on: January 06, 2020, 01:12:13 PM »
hello

i have been trying to reverse the direction of my x axis which has two slaved motors both go the same direction but i need to reverse it and i tried doing that through the galil plugin control and the motor tab in control but nothing seems to change like i tried the other axis and nothing.

thanks for you help :)

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: mach 4 reverse motor direction
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 08:28:20 PM »
Well...  the dog ate my homework.  And so on and so forth.  :(  You will need to get the latest Galil plugin to make the motor reverse check box in the motor tuning tab to affect the motor direction. 

https://www.machsupport.com/ftp/Mach4/Plugins/Galil/mcGalil.zip

Steve
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 09:04:25 PM »
Ok I'll reinstall the plugin then see if that makes a difference
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 01:37:26 AM »
hi so i tried your plugin, i first uninstalled mach 4 and then reinstalled it, then installed your plugin which turns out is a different version to the one on the galil plugin page that i was currently using but it then it wouldn't pick up my controller so i rolled it back to the website version and then was able to pick up the controller (galil dmc 4080) so i tried reinstalling your plugin again and still wouldn't pick up the controller so not sure why that is, also i did buy the plugin as like i said on my first post it did work but the  the x axis was in reverse. 

and btw the dog never ate my home work i just never did it  ;)

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 02:02:47 AM »
Yes, the new plugin is a different version.  It is newer. 

You will probably have to install the latest GDK from Galil.  It will install the GCAPS service.  You must be running a 64 bit version of windows to use the latest Galil drivers in the GDK.

You do not need to reinstall Mach.  We are just dealing with the plugin at the moment. 

Steve
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 04:09:34 AM »
hi

so success after i install the gpk and a computer restart everything is working now and i can now reverse the motors too :)

i have noticed there is a little instability mach 4 did crash a few times though

but thanks for the help can finally get this machine going  ;D