Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:27:03 AM

Author Topic: New pc not working  (Read 2849 times)

New pc not working
« on: January 05, 2020, 03:58:45 AM »
My computer died. I bought another, same computer running windows xp and parallel port. Loaded mach 3, and my mach liscence. My Syil x5 has a file on the cd x5spn that should have everything set up exactly for my machine. I load mach, i press tab and manually jog the machine. It works perfect. I load a program, zero everything press start. Machine moves right and a axis spins the rod the the beginning of the project. Then the machine just sits there, the dro is moving spindle slinning but nothing happening. I know my code is good, i cut it a hundred times.
    I think i know the issue but i dont really know. What i think is happening is the machine is cutting from the inside of the rod instead of on top of the rod. My toolpath display on one screen shows the rod and a cut line across the bottom. On the other toolpath display shows the rod and the image and cut line through the center.
Re: New pc not working
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 11:20:09 AM »
Doesnt matter what i do. I uninstall reinstall everything. Load the factory setting for my cnc. I run a program, 4 axis. Machine travels to the starting point totally normal like it should then just sits there not moving but the dro is moving on the computer screen. I am frustrated to death
Doesnt make any sense!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 02:04:32 AM »
So i had to buy a new, used pc, it is windows xp pro. Same as my other was except for the pro part. I installed mach3. I instaled the factory settings from my machines cd. Machine should be set up exactly right just from that. I press jog. Machine jogs every direction plus a axis turns perfectly. Spindle turns on, life is great! So i load a program which i have cut many times. Tried others too same results.i hit start,  The machine starts up, it moves to the beginning of the cut....and then it just sits there.😡😡😡. Dro is moving but not machine. I can hit stop, rewind, the machine will go back to o,o,o. So clearly the machine and mach are connected. I tried installing about 10 different versions of mach3 and every time same results.

Offline pgh3

•  28 28
    • View Profile
Re: Doesnt make any sense!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 06:23:57 AM »
When you say, "....and then it just sits there.", Where exactly? Does it move in both X & Y and Z? Or just X and Y?
Sounds like Mach3 thinks it is talking to a machine, but something is missing and the steppers are not getting the code.
Does the machine respond to G00 only or to G01 codes as well.
We need more information.
Regards,
Peter
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 07:20:01 AM »
When i press start to run a program, the spindle turns on. The machine moves to the beginning of the cut...line 5 gcode. Then the machine no longer moves, it just sits there with the spindle on. The dro is going through code while machine isnt moving.
  I am not to understanding of what g codes mean because i have software that generates it. BUT, i can tell you the beginning line that takes the machine to the starting point is GOO. The next line where the machine does not move is a GO1.

Offline pgh3

•  28 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 09:56:42 AM »
The G-code that causes the rapid movement of a particular axis is G00 (G followed by zero; one or two makes no difference).
The speed at which an axis moves is determined by parameters set in the Motor Tuning page of Mach3.
When a program is generated, a Feed Rate has to be specified - you have control over this rate as you will need to know how fast the tool cuts through material.
I don't know your level of experience in G-code: forgive me if this sound banal.
So, typical G-code would look like this:
G00 Z10.000
G00 X0.000 Y0.000
The first line tells the Z axis to raise the cutter to 10 units up at the machine's fastest rate.
The second line tells both X and Y axes to move to their zero positions.
A line like:
G01 X23.500 Y34.000 F200.0
will move both axes to the given locations at a rate of 200 units/time.
The units will be defined by the user when Mach3 is installed.
If you are not giving the machine a Feed Rate, then the rate will be that specified in the Tab setting.
There is a text window in Mach3 next to the Reset button, bottom left of the screen: What does it say after you start your program and then see the cutter stop dead while the code runs past?
It sounds like the program is missing some code, since you can do everything from within Mach3. It is a steep learning curve, but you really need to know how to code manually to be able to prevent runaway tool cutters doing their own thing.
Because you are running a program that used to work, something is missing from your computer software rebuilds. It sounds most likely due to a setting within Mach3.
Can you access the old hard disk on the computer that crashed? Maybe get a setting file from your original Mach3 into your new computer? I think it is an XML file.
Step by step, try and use the same logic as the machinery in front of you....
Good luck,
Peter
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 10:34:18 AM »
I have cut this code over a hundred times. Tried several other codes i know work, same results.
Far as i know, the software that generates my gcode sets my feedrate. Its part of the options you set before telling it to make the code.
The status bar by the reset button says nothing. No errors or anything.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 03:09:32 AM »
can you post your  g-code file?
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 06:44:29 AM »
G00 g49 g40.1 g17 g80 g50 g90
G20
M6 T1
M03 S12000
G00 x1.7633 z0.0120 A23.485
G01 x1.7571 z0.0101 A24.810 f5
X1.7561 Z0.0095 A24.324

Lots of x1 lines next.
But, like i said, i know the code works 100% positive. Cut this code hundreds of times on this machine.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 07:29:26 AM »
the G-code is ok, just wanted to see that there is a F value at the first G01 move.

just ideas (i realy do not know what the problem is):
-parallel port 5V - 3.3V Problem
-mach3 Version Problem

if you say machine just sits there dro are moving, is the g-code window also going throug all the lines?
have you tryed to do machine moves by entering in MDI Input?

anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.