Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 12:10:19 AM

Author Topic: Index pulse and Spindle RPM?  (Read 3621 times)

Re: Index pulse and Spindle RPM?
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2020, 01:36:03 PM »
I own CSMIO IP S on a lathe.
I have ENC module on spindle line.
nonetheless I have problems with the thread.
I point out that as an engine I have classic asynchronous and VFD.
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2020, 03:26:51 PM »
A few days ago, I requested CSLabs to add Spindle RPM signal function based on the "Index" signal to the CSMIO firmware.
Today I received confirmation that CSLabs software engineers will take this up. So, hopefully, with the next? firmware update?

Offline Azalin

•  181 181
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2023, 11:49:52 AM »
Hi,

How did it end?
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2023, 01:27:21 AM »
Hello.
I'm using a translator.
in my case it was our unsuitable wiring.
the signal cable was too close to the VFD power cable.
wires moved and shield electrically connected to earth.
everything worked.
the thread is perfect.

Offline Azalin

•  181 181
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2023, 01:37:14 AM »
Good idea. I better check my wiring.

Thanks.
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2023, 04:13:26 PM »
A few days ago, I requested CSLabs to add Spindle RPM signal function based on the "Index" signal to the CSMIO firmware.
Today I received confirmation that CSLabs software engineers will take this up. So, hopefully, with the next? firmware update?

It's three years since I mailed the request to CS-Lab concerning the spindle rpm. All this time the machine was rarely used. Reply #12 by Azalin made me look into the rpm indication thing again. After updating the CSMIO IP-S to v3.412 there are some new to me registers for the CSMIO IP-S:
   Spindle Axis Cmd
   Spindle Axis State
   Spindle Axis Position
   Spindle Axis Velocity

It looks like the Velocity register gives the spindle speed in Index passes per second. So for now I selected this register in the screen editor for the True RPM DRO. When running CCW the value is shown as negative.

Nice, thank you CS-Lab.

But.. In the mean time I lost speed control of the spindle. Any Gcode "m3 s[number other than zero]" runs the spindle at maximum rpm as defined in the Mach4 configuration motors tab. Something has changed since the update?
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2023, 02:40:20 PM »
.. continued ..

This morning I received a link to a (new?) PDF by CS-Lab. An answer to my question about the spindle configuration for Mach4 and CSMIO IP-S in their support forum:

Title Spindle Axis in Mach4; applies to CSMIO IP-S and IP-A, for v3.nnn (Mach4) firmware.

https://en.cs-lab.eu/wp-content/uploads/asgarosforum/58/Spindle-axis-in-Mach4_EN.pdf

This PDF documents explains very nicely how to configure the spindle. Speed is calculated in degrees per second and pulses per degree of rotation instead of rotations per minute and pulses per revolution. After correcting my motor settings the spindle now runs as intended.

Also found that the register "Spindle Axis Velocity" under the CSMIO-IP entry in the Diagnostic / Regfile gives the speed in degrees per second now.

Offline Azalin

•  181 181
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2023, 02:45:15 PM »
Good to hear that you figured it out.

In my case it turned out that I had a bad solder on the ground wire of the spindle servo power cable connector.