Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:05:34 AM

Author Topic: Select Motion Control Device  (Read 887 times)

Select Motion Control Device
« on: December 16, 2019, 06:58:34 PM »
Have been using pmdx411 with mach4 on my lathe for a couple of years now and recently picked up a mill that was running linuxCNC with a c10 board.

I thought that I could just create a new profile by copying the mach4Mill profile, connect the pmdx411 to the c10 board, start Mach4 with the new mill profile and select the pmdx411 as the motion controller and set the motor pin inputs as a start.

But the only motion controller listed is the simulation controller.  Is there another step that I have to do to get the pmdx to show as available?   

My intent is to get a db25 AB switch and be able to control either the lathe or the mill.  What am I missing/assuming?

TIA

RT
Re: Select Motion Control Device
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 08:04:00 PM »
Assuming that you are running on the same computer as before, your PMDX plugin should be there, but the Mach4Mill profile does not have it enabled. You can try again by copying the PMDX-Sample profile instead of the Mach4Mill profile, or you can manually enable it by going to >Config >Control and select the Plugins tab. If the PMDX plugin is on your computer you will see it in the list under this tab. Make sure it has a green check in the Enabled column of the chart. Then hit the Apply button in the lower right corner of the window. You will need to shut down and re-start Mach4 so that Mach4 includes the newly Enabled plugin among those you can select.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
Re: Select Motion Control Device
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 08:54:05 PM »
Using the sample worked, thank you!!!