Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 02:10:57 PM

Author Topic: How to automatically start Mach 4 after booting windows 10?  (Read 1044 times)

How to automatically start Mach 4 after booting windows 10?
« on: November 30, 2019, 04:41:43 PM »
Hi,

How to automatically start Mach 4 after booting windows 10?

Basically I dont want that my coworkers must launch it themselfs by navigating through windows 10. So, how can I actually launch Mach4 with the correct profile automatically when starting windows?

When using windows xp there was a "autostart" entry in the start menu that launched it automatically after booting. How would one do this in windows 10? There is no autostart menu anymore or where is it hidden?

Best regards

Brandon

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Re: How to automatically start Mach 4 after booting windows 10?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 06:25:12 AM »
The Startup folder still exists in Windows 10, doesn't it? You'd have to manually move a Mach4 shortcut there. That seems like it should work.
--
Tom
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 07:35:31 PM »
You are right. It still exists.

However it's now more hidden as it is no more in the start menu of windows 10. To find it one has to press [Windows Key] + [R] to open a command prompt. Then enter shell:startup and click OK. The autostart folder opens in a new window. You can now move a shortcut for Mach4 in this folder. Make sure it is a link to C:\Mach4Hobby\Mach4GUI.exe. One can also specify a profile to load (to skip the profile selection dialog) by adding the /p argument like so: C:\Mach4Hobby\Mach4GUI.exe /p Mach4Mill

Best regards

Brandon

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 07:49:35 AM »
Ah, of course.......I use Start10 in favor of the "new" Windows 10 Start menu, so for me the Startup folder is where it always was!! Didn't even think of that as I rarely, as in NEVER, SEE the Windows 10 Start menu. Sorry for not thinking of that:)
--
Tom