Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:45:09 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Probing not working  (Read 1141 times)

Mach4 Probing not working
« on: November 28, 2019, 06:01:53 PM »
Hi,

I bought an electrical probe from ebay and tried hooking it up with Mach 4. Its a 3D-Finder and my controller is a CSMIO. I connected it as described in the manual as PNP Sensor to my CSMIO.

It works fine, the input turns off when the probe hits an obstacle and it is on otherwise.

However i cannot make it work with the default Mach 4 Screen. Basically nothing in the Probing Tab works. It just seems to ignore the Probe. I tried to invert the input, but it does not change any behaviour. Is there something I forgot? Does this feature only work in the industrial version? I would be sad if thats the case because I just got the hobby version.  :(

Another thing i observed is that when probing and after some movement it does not just stop the axis but kicks the entire control off. Is there a way to just stop the axis without control off?

Besides that, how can you calibrate it? Is there scripts for that purpose somewhere?

best regards

Brandon
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 06:08:22 PM by brandonb »
Re: Mach4 Probing not working
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 06:30:16 PM »
Seems like this is Broken completley. This used to work fine before.
Im using the Industrial version and its also stalling the whole machine.

unbeleivable that no one has replied to this.

I just tested a previous release of mach4 that I still have here and it works. build 4155
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 06:34:38 PM by a3dcreator »
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 07:01:51 PM »
quick update for you. Ive downloaded the latest verion of mach4 and the probe is working again. I would suggest trying that yourself.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 07:09:08 PM »
i am having  a lot of problems with the probing and the touch off module. a3dcreator what is your stable version, where the probe works good?