Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:27:25 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 demo "time out"  (Read 1921 times)

Mach4 demo "time out"
« on: November 21, 2019, 04:58:00 PM »
I have purchased MACH 4 but have not installed it yet. I am still poking around with the demo version first on my office computer before I install MACH4 on the machine in the shop 

I read somewhere that a plugin can be installed that removes the "time out" Feature. could somebody tell me how to make this work?

Thanks,
Chuck
Re: Mach4 demo "time out"
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 05:22:48 PM »
If you select the "Simulation Device" under Config > Select Motion Device, then the demo mode will not time out.

This is the mode that the sample profiles such as Mach4Mill installs with normally.

There is no way to bypass the timeout using any other Motion Device. Only installing a license will do that.

If you got your license from Machsupport.com, or PMDX, or any other distributor that supports self managed licenses, then there is no reason to delay installing a license. You can move it or create another for yourself using the Machsupport.com web site.

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 02:35:12 AM »
Thanks Steve,

Sounds simple enough.

Chuck
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 01:52:16 PM »
Hi,
with Mach4 each PC that runs it must be individually licensed using the unique PCID number.
Note that there are certain activities that change a PCs PCID, and once the PCID has changed Mach4 will become un-licensed on
that PC. If you install a new Windows OS or refresh a corrupted version of the same Windows OS both of these will
change the PCID.

A Mach4Hobby license allows up to five PCs to use the one purchased license. You could have both your office PC AND your
machine PC fully licensed without problem.

Should a PC blow up or otherwise be destroyed you can, using the on-line license management system, release the license
for the faulty PC and get a new license issued for the new replacement PC. You are allowed up to seven such license transactions
in a two year period.

All-in-all Mach4Hobby licensing is pretty generous and will allow a hobby user full access to his/her purchased software
WITHOUT being the open slather type licensing of Mach3 which resulted in so many pirate copies.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 02:43:14 PM »
Thanks for the detail Craig.

Good news!!!!

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2023, 12:33:28 PM »
same problem.  Loaded Mach 4 so that I can backplot.  I checked that tick box under config then select motion device, but the program keeps timing out on me after say like 5 minutes.  The apply button on that feature is grayed out.  Maybe that has somethi9ng to do with it? 
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 08:23:45 AM »
After using Config > Select Motion Device to select the Simulator and closing that window using "OK" does the selection stick, i.e. does it show correctly ticked next time you open the config window?

When you use Config > Select Motion Device to select the Simulator, do you see more than one device listed?

Mach4 can have multiple devices enabled at the same time, but only one of the devices currently ticked as selected can be the one that moves the axes. If you enable more than one device capable of moving the axes strange things can happen.

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2023, 07:16:22 PM »
simulation device is the only device enabled and it stays ticked when I go back in there. 
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2023, 07:33:06 PM »
Hi,
I recall where at one time I had an ESS fitted and installed. Mach4Hobby determined because I had an operating motion control system the PC needed to be licensed in order to exceed
the Demo time out limitation.

I removed the ESS and deleted the plugin, but Mach4 now running the Simulator as motion control still required that the PC be licensed. I presumed that was an overhang
from having the ESS plugin installed, the license requirement persisted despite no longer having a physical motion controller installed.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline cncmagic

•  60 60
  • what me worry? heck...it ain't my machine anyway
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2023, 05:38:51 PM »
I think installing any other plugin, and possibly enabling it is the problem.. I had the same issue.. my demo kept timing out even though I had the simulation device checked. I had however, initially installed the ESS plugin and had played with it even though I didn't actually an ESS connected. Unchecking the ESS, and even uninstalling it didn't resolve the issue.

Since I was checking some coding, the timeout was very frustrating so I simply purchased a Hobby license and installed it. As far as I'm concerned, if $200 makes or breaks your bank, you probably shouldn't be designing machines or systems. Or even playing with them as a hobby.  :P
any semblance of information posted to anything remotely  close to accuracy is merely coincidence. Use at you own discretion.. or play the lottery.. same odds