Hello Guest it is January 26, 2020, 10:24:38 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 demo "time out"  (Read 246 times)

Mach4 demo "time out"
« on: November 21, 2019, 04:58:00 PM »
I have purchased MACH 4 but have not installed it yet. I am still poking around with the demo version first on my office computer before I install MACH4 on the machine in the shop 

I read somewhere that a plugin can be installed that removes the "time out" Feature. could somebody tell me how to make this work?

Thanks,
Chuck
Re: Mach4 demo "time out"
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 05:22:48 PM »
If you select the "Simulation Device" under Config > Select Motion Device, then the demo mode will not time out.

This is the mode that the sample profiles such as Mach4Mill installs with normally.

There is no way to bypass the timeout using any other Motion Device. Only installing a license will do that.

If you got your license from Machsupport.com, or PMDX, or any other distributor that supports self managed licenses, then there is no reason to delay installing a license. You can move it or create another for yourself using the Machsupport.com web site.

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
For PMDX product support, please use PMDX forum or direct email for quickest response. We do not use this forum as our primary product support site.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 02:35:12 AM »
Thanks Steve,

Sounds simple enough.

Chuck
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 01:52:16 PM »
Hi,
with Mach4 each PC that runs it must be individually licensed using the unique PCID number.
Note that there are certain activities that change a PCs PCID, and once the PCID has changed Mach4 will become un-licensed on
that PC. If you install a new Windows OS or refresh a corrupted version of the same Windows OS both of these will
change the PCID.

A Mach4Hobby license allows up to five PCs to use the one purchased license. You could have both your office PC AND your
machine PC fully licensed without problem.

Should a PC blow up or otherwise be destroyed you can, using the on-line license management system, release the license
for the faulty PC and get a new license issued for the new replacement PC. You are allowed up to seven such license transactions
in a two year period.

All-in-all Mach4Hobby licensing is pretty generous and will allow a hobby user full access to his/her purchased software
WITHOUT being the open slather type licensing of Mach3 which resulted in so many pirate copies.

Craig
My wife left with my best friend...
     and I miss him!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 02:43:14 PM »
Thanks for the detail Craig.

Good news!!!!