Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:00:13 PM

Author Topic: Bigger text size for wx.wxMessageBox  (Read 1698 times)

Bigger text size for wx.wxMessageBox
« on: November 07, 2019, 05:55:39 AM »
Is there a possibility to change text attributes, primarily text size and/or bold, for the MessageBox?
Rgds
CNCharly
Re: Bigger text size for wx.wxMessageBox
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 11:49:52 PM »
Hello,

Where do you want to change such things?

Regards,
Lewandowski
TalktoWendys

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 10:28:14 PM »
No.  But you can write your own message box dialog and do anything you want.  However, it will take an investment in time to learn wxLUA/wxWidgets. 

Steve
Re: Bigger text size for wx.wxMessageBox in my m6 routine
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 05:01:37 AM »
Hi,
I had a look to the wxWidgets, phuuu. But I am willing to dig into.
I want to resize the text in the wxMessagebox of my m6 tool change routine (Im 66, my eyes geting worse).
Where/what is the parent window for this routine?
Are there any hints for a wxWidgets beginner?

CNCharly

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 11:32:13 AM »
You may be able to use display scaling to make the font size bigger.  Right click on your desktop and choose "Display Settings".  Then look under the "Scale and Layout" section. 

Otherwise, there are no hints other than the wxWidgets documentation for wxWidgets.  And to make matters worse, that is C++ documentation.  So you must also understand how wxWidgets is bound to LUA (wxLua) as the function signatures differ between C++ and LUA pretty drastically.  Here is a link to the wxLua page: http://wxlua.sourceforge.net/.  At the bottom of that page, there is a "Getting Started" section. 

Think of wxLua as a superset of just plain LUA.  Regular LUA has no GUI components built into it.  So you need to learn about the LUA language first, then learn about how wxWidgets is used with it.  People use wxFormBuilder to build dialogs and output the wxLua code.  But that code then needs to be integrated into Mach at some point and that would usually entail some knowledge about LUA modules, how to create them, and how to use them.  It isn't rocket science, but it will take time to learn it.

People always seem to complain about the "need to be a programmer" to use Mach 4.  But Mach 4 will run a machine "out of the box" without one bit of programming.  It isn't until people need something special or something that is unique to their machine (tool changers, etc..) that they even need to think about modifying or programing anything custom.  But at least we give you a way to make these customizations.  And to me, I like learning new things.  The day we quit learning is a sad day, IMHO. 

Steve