Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:12:04 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 Hobby Screen Editor  (Read 3662 times)

Mach4 Hobby Screen Editor
« on: November 06, 2019, 06:36:42 PM »
I've just installed Mach4 version 4.2.0.4300 (licensed) in a Windows 10 PC (ESS SmoothStepper/PMDX126/PMDX134 BOB). Everything works as advertised, although the default screen doesn't quite match the one shown in the operations manual. I'd like to customize the screen (to add the "Limit Override" button that is shown in the manual, but is not on my default Mach4 screen).

When I go to the "Operator" menu, the "Edit Screen" option does not exist. Additionally, the "View" menu is also missing from the screen.

Did I miss something in the installation? I'd appreciate any suggestions...

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 Hobby Screen Editor
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 07:07:32 PM »
Mach4 has to be in 'Disabled Mode' but the option should still be on the menu even if 'Enabled' but it will be greyed out
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 08:13:46 PM »
Hi,
I suspect that your 'screen set' has defaulted to wxMach. wxMach was the first ever screen set ever written for Mach4 and it was only
ever intended for testing purposes, it is not editiable for intsance.

If you look in the lower right hand side of the display Mach screen you will see displayed the screen set in use and also the profile.

Can you take and post a screen shot?

I would recommend that you look at wx4.set or wx6.set. You should be able to change the screen set in use by clicking on the
<View> menu and changing screen sets. If you find one you like, just close Mach and it will be flushed to the profile (.ini file) as your
desired screen set. Thereafter every time you fire up Mach, with that profile, your preferred screen set will be used.

Note that once you start modifying screen sets for your use you will want to make your own individualised screen set so it does
not get over written when you update to the latest Mach build. More anon....

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 11:35:42 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions.

Attached are two screencaps showing my current screen. For some reason, this screen doesn't have either the "View" menu, or the "Edit Screen" option under the "Operator" menu, so I can't change the screen via the "Edit Screen" option...

The wx4.set file is in the "Screens" subfolder of the "Mach4Hobby" folder. There is no .set file in the "Mach4Hobby" folder. I tried just copying the wx4.set file to the "Mach4Hobby" folder, but nothing changed.

The only screen related files in the "Mach4Hobby" folder that I can identify are "screen4IPC.dll" and "ScreenScript.lua".

??

Offline Bill_O

•  563 563
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 11:53:43 AM »
Ventuseu,

Which profile are you selecting when you start the loader?

Bill
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 12:30:35 PM »
The "Dyna2800" profile that is shown in the screen caps is a profile I created by copying/modifying the "Mach4Mill" profile that was loaded with the Mach4 installation. I modified it with the motor settings for my Dyna milling machine (manually copied from the Mach3 profile that I had created for the Dyna mill years ago).

It appears that no matter which of the profiles supplied with Mach4 I install at startup (Mach46axis mill, Mach4router, Mach4_Tangential), I get the same screen set that is shown in the images.

It seems like there is something overriding the screen set choice with this odd screen set??
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 12:38:52 PM »
Hi,
the screen shot you posted missed the critical information....the lower right hand corner per the sample attached.

That screen set definitely looks like wxMach....it certainly is not wx4.set.

Maybe you are going to have to compose your  own profile.

Did you try the <View> menu as I suggested?

Craig
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 12:58:56 PM »
Hi,
open the <View> menu and select <Load Screen> and a selection list will show up. Note that in the sample I have posted
wx4.set is on the list but also is my individualized copy of that same set, ie wx4.set with my own edits and I called it ESSMillwx4.set.

Craig
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2019, 01:10:56 PM »
Sadly, the screen cap I posted is the complete screen that I have - the section(s) highlighted in your screen cap don't exist on my screen...

I would gladly try the "View" menu if I had it on my screen (as I noted in my initial post, ...Additionally, the "View" menu is also missing from the screen...).

My second attachment shows the menu bar on my screen, and the "View" menu isn't there...
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2019, 02:35:57 PM »
Hi,
in which case you are going to have to ditch that awful profile and compose your own.

Craig