Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 02:15:02 AM

Author Topic: What can cause a Corrupter Mach 4 profile?  (Read 2429 times)

Re: What can cause a Corrupter Mach 4 profile?
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 02:57:51 PM »
Not really is got me stumped.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2019, 02:58:48 PM »
Skpstrer67,

If you can't hold communication with the Pokeys boards, I would start with the Ethernet card or cables.  Or if you have it going through a switch, that could be the culprit as well.  Skipping lines of G code is not something Mach does.  We have hundreds of thousands of Mach 4 copies running out there that prove that.  It ALWAYS processes everything.  Now, does it all make it to the motion controller?  Not if there are communication problems.  :(  What you are describing is a sick machine or a sick network. 

Make a different profile up and use Sim as the motion controller.  That is FIRST thing anyone should do when testing is see if the problem persists when using Sim.  Remove any and all virus software that may be on the machine.  If you are using Windows Defender, exclude the Mach installation directory.  There is a recent post about AVG causing similar symptoms.  Try another Ethernet card and cable, etc...  And finally, try Mach on a different machine and see it the results are different. 

But I'm pretty confident that you don't have a corrupted profile.  So how about starting your own thread about your issue?  It may garner some more attention and responses. 

Steve
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2019, 03:21:36 PM »
Tha com I’m losing is between the the control bd and the plasma sense. I’ve tried with Ethernet and usb same result. Maybe my motion control is sick.